AN ANALYTICAL STUDY ON EMPLOYEE ABSENTEEISM IN THE WORKPLACE WITH REFERENCE TO WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED, BANGALORE
Keywords:Employee Absenteeism, Leaves, Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches, Job Rotation.
In today’s competitive scenario, the term Absenteeism is the place of work in a common phenomenon. It referred to the same as a “bottom-line slaughterer”, impacts the availability of the workforce and the effectiveness of organizations. It means that absenteeism does not include vacation, personal leave, jury-duty leave, or other reasons. The aim of this research paper is to recognize the intensity of employee absenteeism, it come across whether the employees are satisfied with their job & job securities and also know the views as regards functioning environment at Wipro Technologies, Bangalore.
Descriptive research type is adopted for this study employing both qualitative and quantitative approaches. The target population of the study is employees of Wipro Technologies Limited. Questionnaires were used to collect both quantitative and qualitative figures respectively. Convenience sampling was adopted to identify the category of Wipro employees. Qualitative data were analyzed using the thematic method, while quantitative data analyzed using various statistical methods. A total of 50 questionnaires with self-explanatory questions were administered to employees of Wipro technologies in Bangalore. MS-Excel and Statistics were used for analysis purpose.
The findings of the study are discussed in the context of the theoretical and empirical background of employee absenteeism in the workplace. The findings indicated that 48%of informants fall in the age group of 20-30 years, 56% of informants are male, 36%, greater part of the Employees are satisfied with the job replacement offered via the business, 32%are not subjected to any disciplinary action only a few percent of employees are subjected to serious disciplinary action like i.e,6%. The results of the research have given valuable insights into the area of employee absenteeism in the workplace at Wipro Technology in Bangalore. By adapting the above suggestions will make the organization in helping to have optimum number of employees at workplace.
Kanakaraj, R. and Aravind, H. (2019). “A Study on Employee Absenteeism With Special Reference to Tea Factory's, The Nilgiris District”, Quarterly International Journal. 3 (4), 09-21.
Karibasappaa, T. (2020). Study on Employee Absenteeism In Garment Industries With Special Reference to Bengaluru malaya Journal of Matematik. S (2), 4799-4804.
Krishna, V., and Madhumita, P.G. (2015). “A Study on Employee Absenteeism in Home Appliance Company”, Chennai International Journal of Human Resource Management and Research. 5(1), 31-36.
Padmanabhana, H. K. (2018). "Study on Impact of Employee Absenteeism In Selected Manufacturingindustry Assistant”, Professor, Dept of Mba, Snjb’s K.B. Jain College of Engineering, Chandwad.
Pavithra, Ms. J., and Petera, M. (2017). “Study on Employee Absenteeism “International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics , 116 (16) , 399-405.
Vijayalatha, S. and Brindha, G. (2014). A Study on Employee Absenteeism. International Journal of Advance and Innovative Research. 1, (1).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 B. Sankar Naik, Munigoti Phani Gowtham Sarma, B. Jaya Krishna
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section