IMPROVING CLAY SOIL STABILITY WITH THE ADDITION OF RICE HUSKS THROUGH CHEMICAL METHODS
Keywords:Rice Husk Ash, Soil Stability, ASTM, Bearing Capacity Value
Soil stability is a mixture of soil with a certain material, the aim is to improve the technical properties of the soil so that it can technically meet certain requirements. Soil stability is a mixture of soil and other materials, for the purpose of achieving the correct gradation, so that the technical properties of the soil are better. Chemical stability is the addition of chemical elements to the clay with the addition of other ingredients, namely rice husk ash (ASP), so that a physical change is achieved and a change in the physical properties of the soil occurs, with an increase in the size of the soil load capacity (CBR). This study aims to obtain the appropriate variable for adding rice husk ash to the stability of clay as a stabilizer seen from the unconfined compressive strength test to obtain a capacity value of high load. The research method was carried out by testing the properties of soil index, soil compaction tests (standard proctor) and unconfined compression strength tests (Unconfined Compression Strength) in the laboratory. 200 with variations of 5%, 10% and 15%. Index property tests such as water content tests refer to ASTM D2216:2010, Sieve Analysis (ASTM D-422), Atterberg Limit, Liquid Limit (LL) (ASTM D-4318), and Specific Gravity (Gs) (ASTM D-854). Soil mechanical properties test (proctor standard) (ASTM D 698), free compression resistance test (ASTM D 2166). The conclusive results show that the free compressive strength value increased in the mass without hardening with a 10% husk ash percentage of 1.0005 kg/cm2 and a Cu value of 0.502 kg/cm3. While the results of the free compression strength test with curing for 24 hours, the highest bearing value occurred, in the original soil variation of 1.000 kg/cm3 and a Cu value of 0.500 kg/ cm3. For the value of the free compressive strength, there is a decrease, namely at variations of 5%, 10% and 15% with a time of 24 hours.
ASTM Internasional. (2007). Standard Test Method For Particle-Size Analysis of Soils (ASTM D 422). ASTM Internasional, United State.
ASTM Internasional. (2010). Standard Test Method For Laboratory Determination of Water (Moisture) Content of Soil and Rock By Mass (ASTM D 2216). ASTM Internasional, United State.
ASTM Internasional. (2010). Standard Test Method for Liquid Limits, Plastic Limit and Plasticity Index of Soils (ASTM D 4318). ASTM Internasional, United State.
ASTM Internasional. (2010). Standard Test Method for Unconfined Compressive Stength of Cohesive Soil (ASTM D 2166). ASTM Internasional, United State.
ASTM Internasional. (2012). Standard Test Method for Laboratory Compaction Characteristic of Soil Using Standard Effort (12 400 Ft-Lbf/Ft3 (600 Kn-M/M3)) (ASTM D 689). ASTM Internasional, United State.
ASTM Internasional. (2014). Standard Test Method For Specific Gravity of Soil Solids By Water Pycnometer (ASTM D 854). ASTM Internasional, United State.
Abdurrozak, M. R., and Mufti, D. N. (2017). 'Stabilisasi Tanah Lempung Dengan Bahan Tambah Abu Sekam Padi Dan Kapur Pada Subgrade Perkerasan Jalan'. Yogyakarta. Jurnal, ISSN 0853-8557416 Jurnal Teknisia, XXII (2).
Arima Sefta, A., and Rustam, R. K. (2021). Pengaruh Penambahan Sabut Kelapa Dan Abu Sekam Padi Terhadap Kuat Ge Ser Tanah. Jurnal Deformasi, 6-1, ISSN. 2477-4960, EISSN 2621-7929. https://doi.org/10.31851/deformasi.v6i1.5610. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31851/deformasi.v6i1.5610
Bowles, J. E. (1991). Sifat-Sifat Fisis Dan Geoteknis Tanah (Mekanika Tanah). Erlangga.
Das, B. M. (1991). Mekanika Tanah, Prinsipprinsip Rekayasa Geoteknis, Jilid 1. Erlagga. Jakarta.
Widhiarto, H., Andriawan, A. H., and Matulessy, A. (2015). Stabilisasi Tanah Lempung Ekspansif Dengan Menggunakan Campuran Abu-Sekam Dan Kapur. Jurnal Pengabdian LPPM Untag. Surabaya. https://doi.org/10.30996/jpm17.v1i02.538.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Erny Agusri, Ririn Utari, Yoga Satria Putra
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section