FAILURE AND EFFECT DIAGRAM OF A 365KVA CATERPILLAR GENERATOR
Keywords:Caterpillar Generator, Timely Insight, Ignition System
Troubleshooting is one of the most tedious jobs in maintenance and required constant contact with similar problems in order have timely insight into the likely possible solutions that can aid the process of concluding on what will be the feasible solution. This research work is aimed at reducing the time that would be spent on fault tracing especially on 365KVA Caterpillar generator which uses the analyzed Fishbone diagram for Ignition System Sub-System, Fishbone diagram for Cylinder Block Assembly Sub-System, Fishbone diagram for piston and connecting rod and Fishbone diagram for Engine Cooling System Sub-System of the possible cause and effect that emanates from man, methods, measurement, material, machine and environment on the overall performance of the generator.
Faiq, M. S. A., Ibrahim, A. M., and Ibrahim, F. V. (2018). Diagnosing The Causes of Failure in The Construction Sector Using Root Cause Analysis Technique, Hindawi. Journal of Engineering, 2018, 1. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1804053.
Kumar, M. P., Krishna, M., Raju, N. V. S., and Satish, M. V. K. (2018). Failure Criticality Analysis Using Ishikawa Diagram (A Case Study of Dumpers at Ocp, Ramagundam). International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts (IJCRT), Ist National Conference on Trends In Science, Engineering and Technology, 2nd–3rd Feb., 2018 Matrusri Engineering College, Saidabad, Hyderabad-500 059, 378.
Luca, L. (2016). A New Model of Ishikawa Diagram for Quality Assessment. Materials Science and Engineering. 20th Innovative Manufacturing Engineering And Energy Conference (IManEE 2016). IOP Publishing IOP Conference Series, 161, 012099, 1.
Mario, C. (2017). The Fishbone Diagram To Identify, Systematize and Analyze the Sources of General Purpose Technologies. Journal of Social And Administrative Sciences, 4(4), 291–303.
Masoud, H. (2011). The Application of Cause and Effect Diagram In The Oil Industry In Iran : The Case of Four Liter Oil Canning Process of Sepahan Oil Company. African Journal of Business Management, 5 (26), 10900–10907. https://doi.org/10.5897/ajbm11.1517.
Muhaiminul, I., Sultana, N., Sarker, T. P., And Ashiqur, R. (2016). Application of Fishbone Analysis for Evaluating Supply Chain and Business Process- A Case Study on Kmart. Industrial Engineering Letters, 6(7), 36.
Ravi, S. R., and Yadavalli, B. (2019). Quality Improvement of Capacitors Through Fishbone and Pareto Techniques. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), 2277-3878, 8(2), 2248.
Shinde, D. D., Ahirrao, S., and Prasad, R. (2018). Fishbone Diagram : Application to Identify the Root Causes of Student–Staff Problems in Technical Education. Wireless Personal Communications, 100(2), 653–664. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-018-5344-y.
Ståhl, J. -E., Gabrielson, P., Andersson, C., and Jönsson, M. (2012). Dynamic Manufacturing Costs- Describing the Dynamic Behaviour of Downtimes from A Cost Perspective. CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science And Technology, 5(4), 284–295. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirpj.2012.09.003.
Tarun, K. B. (2012). Application of Fishbone Analysis for Evaluating Supply Chain and Business Process- A Case Study on The St James Hospital. International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains (IJMVSC), 3 (2), 18.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Oghu, E., Ogbeide, O. O, Ariavie, G.O
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section