INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) APPLIED IN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY: A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW
Keywords:Internet of Things,, Internet-Connected Devices, Construction Technology, Industry 4.0, Civil Engineering, Drones
The Internet of things (IoT) involves several internet-connected devices that interact with each other to learn and share information between humans and machines and between machines and machines, making the related processes more comprehensive, innovative, simple, and efficient. There are several applications of IoT in construction, such as using computational tools in structural design, georeferencing, construction management, and using technological tools in construction sites. Therefore, this article presents a systematic review of the most relevant studies from Industry 4.0 and the application of IoT in the construction industry to present the impacts these technologies can promote in construction. On this, the 4.0 technology implementation and their construction innovations can improve work conditions through innovative tools, machines, and devices, increasing productivity and reducing production costs. Therefore, drone operation is one of the most used construction technologies, mainly because the costs are low for construction companies and their owners. However, technologies such as BIM and robotics are widely used.
Brasil. (2022). Plano Nacional de Internet das Coisas. Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Informações.
Cavalcanti, V. Y., De Souza, G. H., Sodré, M. A., Abreu, M. S., Maciel, T. S., and Silva, J. M. (2018). Indústria 4.0: Desafios e Perspectivas na Construção Civil. Revista Campo do Saber, 13.
Da Silva, A. D. (2018). Impactos da Indústria 4.0 na Construção Civil Brasileira. Simpósio de Excelência em Gestão e Tecnologia XVSEGeT, 12.
Dos Santos Júnior, J. E., Galhardo, C. X., and Dos Santos, V. M. (2019). Inovações no Setor de Construção Civil Oportunizadas pelas Tecnologias de Informação. Revista GEINTEC, 15.
Galvão, M. C., and Ricarte, I. L. (2019). Revisão Sistemática da Literatura: Conceituação, Produção e Publicação. Logeion: Filosofia da Informação, 6(1), 57-73. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21728/logeion.2019v6n1.p57-73
IDC. (2022). Previsões da IDC para 2022 Apontam Crescimento de 8,2% para o Mercado de TIC no Brasil.
Júnior, W. R., and Júnior, A. I. (2021). Internet das Coisas na Gestão de Resíduos Sólidos: Revisão Sistemático com Análise Bibliométrica da Literatura. Journal of Environmental Analysis and Progress, 6(3), 194-209. https://doi.org/10.24221/jeap.6.3.2021.4245.194-209. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24221/jeap.6.3.2021.4245.194-209
Li, S., Xu, L. D., and Zhao, S. (2015). A Internet das Coisas: uma Pesquisa. Fronteiras dos Sistemas de Informação, 17(2), 243-259.
SEBRAE. (2021). Tendências para o Setor da Construção Civil em 2022.
Silva, C. L. D. et al. (2021). Internet das Coisas Aplicada à Análise e Correlação de Dados da Construção Civil. Simpósio Brasileiro de Tecnologia da Informação e Comunicação na Construção, 3, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.46421/sbtic.v3i00.611. DOI: https://doi.org/10.46421/sbtic.v3i00.611
Silva, I. L. (2020). O Impacto do Avanço da Internet das Coisas no Brasil. Brazilian Journal of Development,11. https://doi.org/10.34117/bjdv6n12-606. DOI: https://doi.org/10.34117/bjdv6n12-606
Simão, A. dos S., Alcoforado, L. F., Longo, O. C., Santos, D. A. dos, Santos, F. dos, Silva, A. D., Menezes, C. A. G., and Júnior, J. C. M. (2019). Impactos da indústria 4.0 na construção civil brasileira / Impacts of industry 4.0 on brazilian civil construction. Brazilian Journal of Development, 5(10), 20130-20145. https://doi.org/10.34117/bjdv5n10-210. DOI: https://doi.org/10.34117/bjdv5n10-210
Terra (2022). Internet das Coisas pode alavancar a economia do Brasil com a ajuda dos MSPs. 2021.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Rodrigo Silva dos Santos, Elias Simão Assayag
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section