ICLASS LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR TEACHING ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS DURING COVID 19 A LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY EPE CAMPUS CASE STUDY
Keywords:Engineering Mathematics, Motivated Strategies For Learning Questionnaires, Minitab, The Lagos State Government, Envivo Education, Iclass Learning Management System
Coronavirus has shocked the world and almost bought the education sector to a stop. The Nigerian government declared a compulsory lockdown on all states of the federal. The Lagos State Government's passion for education consulted Envivo Education, a private company, to develop an Iclass Learning Management System (ILMS) for virtual teaching. This platform was effective in teaching courses, but the peculiarity of engineering is the basic to understand engineering mathematics the bedrock of all concepts. A Motivated Strategies for Learning Questionnaires (MLSQ) survey was administered to all students who took the engineering mathematics courses. The data was collected, and the statistical analysis was done with Minitab. It found out that the ILMS is good for teaching courses, but to understand engineering courses screenwriting and feedback from students should be included.
Buckless, F. A. and Ravenscroft, S. P. (1990). Contrast Coding: A Refinement of ANOVA in Behavioral Analysis, Account. Rev, 65(4), 933, 1990. https://www.jstor.org/stable/247659
Gurvich, V. and Naumova, M. (2021). Logical contradictions in the one-way Anova and Tukey-Kramer multiple comparisons tests with more than two groups of observations, Symmetry (Basel) 13(8). https://doi.org/10.3390/sym13081387
König, J. Jäger-Biela, D. J. and Glutsch, N. (2020). Adapting to online teaching during COVID-19 school closure: teacher education and teacher competence effects among early career teachers in Germany, 43(4), 608-622. https://doi.org/10.1080/02619768.2020.1809650
Nabukeera, N. (2020). The COVID-19 and online education during emergencies in higher education, 8(5), 183-190. https://doi.org/10.14738/abr.85.8130
Sarwar, H. et al. (2020). Self-Reported Effectiveness of e-Learning Classes during COVID-19 Pandemic: A Nation-Wide Survey of Pakistani Undergraduate Dentistry Students. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0040-1717000
Shenoy, M. Raju, P. V. S. and Prasad, J. (2021). Optimization of physical schemes in WRF model on cyclone simulations over Bay of Bengal using one way ANOVA and Tukey's test 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-02723-z
Sobaih, A. E. E. Hasanein, A. M. and Elnasr, A. E. A. (2020). Responses to COVID-19 in higher education: Social media usage for sustaining formal academic communication in developing countries, Sustain., 12(16), 1-18. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12166520
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Fadipe O.L, K.A. Adedeji, Adefuye O.A, Adebanjo S.A, Raji N.A
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section