A STUDYON CAUSEAND IMPACTOF RE-BRANDINGIN TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY WITH REFERENCE TO AIRTEL
Keywords:Global Satellite Mobile (GSM), Branding, Rebranding, Brand Equity, Customerloyalty
Competitor pressures, plummeting sales revenue and outdated marketing strategy are some reasons behind a company’s need to reposition itself and remain financially viable. India's telecommunication network is the second largest in the world based on the total number of telephone users (both fixed and mobile phone). It has one of the lowest call tariffs in the world enabled by the mega telephone networks and hyper-competition among them. This research sought to know the impact of rebranding on the loyalty of the network’s subscribers and the general attitude of the People towards branding in the telephony business. A survey was carried out on subscriber attitude towards Airtel as a result of the multiple rebranding through which it emerged
Aaker, D. (1996). Resisting the temptation to change a brand position/execution: the power of consistency over time. Journal of Brand Management, 3(4), 8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/bm.1996.5
Aaker, D. A. (1992). Managing the most important asset: Brand equity. Planning Review, 20(5), 56-58. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/eb054384 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/eb054384
Ahonen, M. (2008b). Corporate rebranding process: A Preliminary Theoretical Framework. Proceedings of theconference on Corporate Communications, June 6th – 9th, Wroxton, England; 41-48.
Alahuhta, J. (2009) . Transferring brand equity hierarchically through rebranding. A Master's Thesis, Department of Marketing, University of Oulu, Finland.
Anaeto, S. G., Onabajo, O. S., &Osifeso, J. B. (2008). Models and Theories of Communication. African Renaissance Books Incorporated, Maryland, USA.
Causon, J. (2004). The Internal Brand: Successful Cultural Change and Employee Empowerment. Journal ofChange Management, 4(4), 297-307. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1469701042000259631 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/1469701042000259631
Daly, A., &Moloney, D. (2004). Managing Corporate Rebranding. Irish Marketing Review, 17(1/2), 30-36.
Einwiller, S., & Will, M. (2002). Towards an integrated approach to corporate branding – an empirical study. Corporate Communications, 7(2), 100. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/13563280210426160 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/13563280210426160
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section