A STUDY ON RISK & RETURN ANALYSIS OF SELECTED SECURITIES IN INDIA
Keywords:India, Risk & Return, Securities, Stock
The main objective of the study is to give investors a basic idea of investing into the mutual funds and encourage them to invest in those areas where they can maximize the return on their capital. The research provided an interesting insight into awareness about the mutual funds, risk taking abilities of investors and investment options preferred etc. The Indian Capital has been increasing tremendously during the last few years. With reforms of economy, reforms of investing policy, reforms of public sector and reforms of financial sector, the economy has been opened up and many developments have been taking place in the Indian money market and Capital market. In order to help the small investors, mutual fund industry has come to occupy an important place. This study helps us to understand how the companies diversify themselves in different sectors and in different companies to maximize the returns and to minimize the risks involved in it.
Fama E, French K. The Cross Section of Expected Stock Return, Journal of Finance. 1992; 427- 465 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04398.x
Dhankar RS, Kumar R. Relevance of CAPM to Indian Stock Market, ICFAI. 2007
Mythri B, Radhakrishna Nayak. Selection of Stock: A Practical Study on Selected Software Companies, Journal of Business and Management. 2016
Syndey C. Ludvigson, Serena Ng “The empirical risk return relation: a factor analysis approach” National bureau of economic research 1050 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138
Prasanna Chandra, financial management: Theory and Practice, Fourth edition, Tata McGraw- Hill Pp 198-215
Arindam Mandal and Prasun Bhattacharje, “The Indian Stock Market and the Great Recession”- Theoretical and Applied Economics Volume XIX (2012), No. 3(568), pp. 59-76
I M Pandey.,2010, “Financial Management 10th Edition” Vikas Publishing House
Chikashi Tsuji (2014). An Investigation of the Relationship between Risk and Return: The Case of the Latin American Stock Markets. Accounting and Finance Research, 3(1) DOI: https://doi.org/10.5430/afr.v3n1p9
Ratna Sinha (2013). An Analysis of Risk and Return in Equity Investment in Banking Sector. International Journal of Current Research, 5(8), 2336-2338.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section