IDENTIFYING AND ANALYZING FACTORS THAT AFFECT THE WILLINGNESS-TO-PAY OF TUITION OF A BOARDING HIGH SCHOOL IN A REMOTE AREA IN INDONESIA
Keywords:Willingness-To-Pay, Regression, Marketing Strategy, Pricing Strategy
Tuition is a critical consideration for families who plan to send their children for superior high school. In any purchase strategy, ability to pay (ATP) and willingness to pay (WTP) have a different understanding. ATP depends on any information related to families’ wealth while WTP is determined by how families’ perceived the value proposition provided. This study aims to measure WTP and identify the factors that influence the tuition of superior high school, so it can be use in determining marketing strategies and pricing strategies. This data was collected by questionnaire to 360 respondents obtained during student admission of SMA Unggul Del. The relationship of factors that influence the WTP is determined by multiple linear regression methods. Based on the analysis, the average WTP is Rp1.135.322,22, while the mode value is Rp1.000.000,00 per month. Factors influencing WTP are the age of parents, income level, and parent’s WTP ratio of the tuition of SMA Unggul Del with that of other favorite school. Based on these factors, to be able to target parents of students with higher WTP, an effective marketing strategy is targeting parents with higher income levels, younger, and perceive SMA Unggul Del more than other schools.
Rumiati, K. Fahmi dan B. Edison, “Analisis Kemampuan Membayar dan Kemauan Membayar Tarif Angkutan Umum Mini Bus (Superben) di Kabupaten Rokan Hulu,” Jurnal Mahasiswa Fakultas Teknik, vol. 1, no. 1, 2013.
T. B. Joewono, “Exploring the Willingness to Pay for Paratransit in Bandung, Indonesia,” Journal of Public Transportation, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 85-103, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5038/2375-0901.12.2.5
M. I. Rosyadi, Sasongko dan A. Hoetoro, “Willingness to Pay Rumah Tangga dalam Membayar Biaya Pendidikan Menengah Unggulan di Kota Malang,” Jurnal Ekonomi dan Studi Pembangunan, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 153-167, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17977/um002v8i22016p154
SMA Unggul Del, "Tentang SMA Unggul Del - SMA Unggul Del," [Online]. Available: http://www.smadel.sch.id/?page_id=73. [Accessed 12 Maret 2019].
E. Ekanem, J. E. Okon dan U. I. Ekpoh, “Reforming Education through User Fees: Ability and Willingness to Pay for University Education in Calabar, Nigeria,” Journal of Education and Practice, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 245-250, 2012.
W. Li dan W. Min, Tuition, Private Demand, and Higher Education in China, Beijing: Peking University, 2001.
X. Ke, The Willingness to Pay Tuition Fee at KTH, Stockholm: KTH Royal Institute of Technology, 2012.
R. S. Witte and J. S. Witte, Statistics, 10th Edition, New Jersey: John Wiley, 2013.
M. Sternstein, Barron's AP Statistics, 9th edition, New York: Barron's Educational Series, 2019.
R. E. Walpole dan R. H. Myers, Ilmu Peluang dan Statistika untuk Insinyur dan Ilmuwan, Bandung: Institut Teknologi Bandung, 1991.
J. T. McClave and P. G. Benson, Statistics for Business and Economics, London: Pearson Education, 2015.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section