INVESTIGATION OF FLASHOVER VOLTAGE FOR EPOXY COMPOSITES FILLED WITH VARIOUS FILLERS
Keywords:Epoxy, Filler, Composite Materials, Flashover Voltage
Minerals fillers such as Magnesium Oxide (MgO), Alumina Trihydrate (ATH), Calcium Carbonate (CaCo3), and Silica (SiO2) were used to produce epoxy composite for high and medium voltage in electrical application. Effects of types and percentage weight of filler on flashover voltage properties of epoxy resin were determined. Cylindrical rod epoxy samples with different lengths (10, 20, and 30mm) and filler types have been prepared, these fillers with 30% percentage loading of epoxy samples by weight. Flashover voltage of composite material was measured under various environmental conditions, to check the accuracy the test was carried out for five times on each sample under the same condition. Results showed that flashover voltage of composite improved with epoxy/ATH filler at all lengths and conditions, also flashover voltage for samples in dry condition is higher than samples with other conditions at all filler and lengths.
F. Mustataˆ, I. Bicu, Polym. -Plast. Tech. Eng. 37(2), 127 (1998). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03602559808006917
H. Salmah, J. Teknol. Proses 5(1), 53 (2005).
Loai Nasrat, Ziad M. Ali,et. al, " Mica Filler Effect on Electrical Characteristics of Polymer
Insulators", International Journal of Engineering Innovations and Research, 5(2), April 2016.
Happer, handbook of plastics, elastomers, composites, McGraw-Hill Company’s fourth edition, 2002.
Sanjay K, composite manufacturing materials process engineering, Bboca Raton, London, 2001.
Mostafa Mahmoud Dief Allah, Ziad M. Ali, et.al, "Electrical and mechanical properties of Nitrile rubber (NR) filled with industrial waste and by product from manufacture of ferrosilicon alloys in Egyptian chemical industries", Egyptian Journal of Chemistry,60(5), Jan.2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21608/ejchem.2017.1300.1077
Harper, handbook of ceramics, glasses, and diamonds, McGraw-Hill companies, 2001.
Elgozali A.1 and Hassan M., Effect of aditives on the mechanical properties of poly vinyl chloride, (2008).
M. S. Sreekanth1, V. A. Bambole2, S. T. Mhaske1, P. A. Mahanwa, Effect of Concentration of Mica on Properties of Polyester Thermoplastic Elastomer Composites, (2009), pp 271-282. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4236/jmmce.2009.84024
Ubirajara almeida Pinto, Leila,regina, Mechanical properties of thermoplastic poly urethane elastomers with mica and aluminum trihydrate ,14 march (2001).
Mostafa M Dief Allah, Zaid M Ali, Mohamed A Raslan, "Dielectric, thermal and morphological characteristics of Nitrile butadiene rubber under effect filler/hybrid filler", measurements, vol.131, December 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2018.08.036
Lan, T.—Pinnavaia, T. J., "Clay-Reinforce Epoxy Nano- composites", Chem. of Mater. 6, pp.2216- 2219, 1994.
Pinnavaia, T. J.—Beall, G. W., "Polymer Clay Nano composites", Wiley Series in Polymer Science, New York, 2000.
Messersmith, P. B.—Giannelis, E. P., "Synthesis and Characterization of Layered Silicate Epoxy Nano composites", Chem. of Mater. 6, 1719-1725, 1994. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/cm00046a026
Alexandre, M.—Dubois, P., "Polymer-layered Silicate Nano composites: Preparation, Properties and Uses of a New Class of Materials", Mater. Sci. and Eng. 28, pp.1-63, 2000. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0927-796X(00)00012-7
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section