DETERMINATION OF IMPAIRMENT LOSSES RESERVE AND ITS IMPACT ON INTEREST EARNED AT PT BANK MANDIRI (PERSERO) TBK FROM 2014-2018
Keywords:Suspension of Debt Payment Obligations, Credit Quality, Non Performance Loan, Debt Repayment Obligation, Allowance for Impairment Losses, Interest Earned
The purpose of this study is: 1) To analyze how the different ways of determining impairment losses reserve will affect the interest earned 2) To make recommendation on the best way to determine the impairment losses reserve. This research method uses a quantitative approach based on time series data and cross sections. The population in this study is PT. Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk. In this study the sampling technique used probability sampling method. Determination of the sample using the simple random sampling method. Data analysis method in this study uses multiple regression analysis with the help of SPSS version 24.00. The results of the study show some conclusions as follows: 1) Delay in debt payment obligations (PKPU) is proven to have an influence on allowance for impairment losses (CKPN) with a positive relationship. 2) Credit quality (KK) is proven to have an influence on allowance for impairment losses (CKPN) in a negative direction. 3) Delayed debt payment obligations (PKPU) have been proven to influence interest earned with a negative relationship. 4) Credit quality (KK) is proven to have an influence on interest earned and 5) Allowance for impairment losses (CKPN) is proven to have an influence on interest earned with a negative relationship.
Dencik, Abdul Basyith: FitriyaFauzi Yahya, Mohammad Idris Yoesoef, and M. Noor Salim. (2018). Multivariate Statistics: Analysis of ANOVA, MANOVA, ANCOVA, MANCOVA, REPEATED MEASURES with excel and SPSS applications. Raja GrafindoPersada. Depok
Hariyani, Iswi. (2010). Restructuring and Write Off Bad Credit. Elex Media Komputindo. Jakarta.
Kasmir. (2012-2014). Banking Management Revised Edition. Raja GrafindoPersada. Jakarta.
Lestari and Indriyani. (2016). Analysis of the Effect of BPL, ROA, LDR and BOPO on Bank Rating. Diponegoro Journal of Management Vol. 5 No. 4.
Manurung, Mandala and PrataRahardja. (2008). Macroeconomic Theory an Introduction. Fourth Edition. University of Indonesia Faculty of Economics Publisher Institute. Jakarta
Messai, Ahlem Selma and FathiJounini. 2013. Micro and Macro Determinants of Non-Performing Loans. International Journal of Economic and Financial Issues. Vol 3 no. 4
Olaoye and Olarewaju (2015). Determinants of Deposit Money Banks Profitability in Nigeria. Kuwait Chapter of Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review Vol. 4 no. 9: May 2015.
Ongore and Kusa.2013. Determinants of Financial Performance of Commercial Banks in Kenya. International Journal of Economic and Financial Issues Vol. 3 No. 1: 2013.
Petria, N; Bogdan C, and Iulian I. (2015). Determinant of Banks Profitability: Evidence from EU 27 Banking System. Procesia Economic and Finance Vol. 20; 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(15)00104-5
Salim, M. Noor and Firman Julian. 2019. Factors Affecting Performance and Impact on Customer Trust of Systemic Bank in Indonesia. International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research. ISSN: 2454-1907
Shingjergji, Ali. 2013. The Impact of Macroeconomic Variables on Non-Performing Loans in the Albanian Banking System during 2005-2012. Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies Vol. 2 No. 9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5901/ajis.2013.v2n9p335
Triy, Yudhi Christian (2015) based on his Master’s thesis entitled "Effect of Credit Quality on Financial Performance of Banking in Indonesia (Empirical Study of Commercial Banks in Indonesia for the 2010-2013 Period)."
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section