EVALUATION OF BER PERFORMANCE OF FFT-OFDM FOR WIRELESS COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
Keywords:MATLAB/Simulink, OFDM, BER and FFT
Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) is used to enhance Bit Error Rates (BER) performance for error free transmission in free space in free pace. OFDM-based systems operate in the hostile multipath radio environment, which allows efficient sharing of limited resources. This research work was designed, developed and simulated an FFT-OFDM based System using the basic blocks of Simulink in MATLAB/Simulink software, to enhance BER for error free transmission. The system was design using Fast Fourier transform (FFT) and Inverse Fast Fourier transform (IFFT). This was achieved in backing of collection and review of high-quality research papers, which reported the latest research developments in OFDM communications networks, and its applications in future wireless systems. The research mitigated the noise enhancement effect. And many critical problems associated with the error transmission in wireless communication networks in the future. An error transmission in wireless systems is global issues and challenges that are still looking for efficient solutions. This research work would overcome the global issues and challenges facing the wireless communication network.
Baltar, L. G. and Nossek, J. A. (eds.) (2012) OFDM 2012, 17th International OFDM Workshop 2012 (InOWo'12); Proceedings of. 'Multicarrier Systems: A Comparison between Filter Bank Based and Cyclic Prefix Based OFDM'
BODHE, NARKHEDE, JOSHI, R. (2012) DESIGN OF SIMULINK MODEL FOR OFDM AND COMPARISON OF FFTOFDM AND DWT-OFDM [online] available from<https://www.idconline.com/technical_references/pdfs/electronic_engineering/DESIGN%20OF%20SIMULINK% 20MODEL%20FOR.pdf> [16 September 2018]
Gomes, R., Al-Daher, Z., Hammoudeh, A., Sobaihi, K., Caldeirinha, R. and Fernandes, T. (2014) 'Performance And Evaluation Of OFDM And SC - FDE Over An AWGN Propagation Channel Under RF Impairments Using Simulink At 60Ghz'. 2014 Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/LAPC.2014.6996487
Gulzar, M., Nawaz, R. and Thapa, D. (2011) Implementation Of MIMO-OFDM System For Wimax [online] available from <http://www.divaportal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2%3A421361&dswid=4817> [10 July 2018]
Hariprasad, N. and Sundari, G. (2015) 'Comparative Analysis Of The BER Performance Of DWT OFDM Over That Of FFT OFDM In Presence Of Phase Noise'. Robotics, Automation, Control and Embedded Systems (RACE), 2015 International Conference on [online]1-4.availablefrom <http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=7097288> [1 July 2018] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/RACE.2015.7097288
Kanpur, K. (2013) OFDM Simulator Using MATLAB [online] available from <http://www.ijetae.com/files/Volume3Issue9/IJETAE_0913_79.pdf> [10 July 2018]
Kulkarni, V. M. and Bhalchandra, A. S. (eds.) (2012) Computational Intelligence & Computing Research (ICCIC), 2012 IEEE International Conference on. 'An Overview of various Techniques to Reduce the Peak-to-Average Power Ratio in Multicarrier Transmission Systems' DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCIC.2012.6510251
LaSorte, N., Barnes, W. and Refai, H. (2008) 'The History Of Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing'. IEEE GLOBECOM 2008 - 2008 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2008.ECP.690
Mondragon-Torres, A., Kommi, M. and Battacharya, T. (2011) 'Architecture Exploration, Development And Teaching Platform For Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) Systems'.2011 Conference Record of the Forty Fifth Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers (ASILOMAR) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACSSC.2011.6190137
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section