TO STUDY MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF SPRING LIKE SPECIMEN BEFORE AND AFTER DIFFERENT HEAT TREATMENT OPERATIONS
Keywords:Steel, Heat Treatment, Soaking, Cooling, Strength, Hardness
In this work we have analyzed the effect heat treatment on properties of spring shape steel specimens under various heat treatment processes. Specimen was subjected to heat treatment in electric muffle furnace. Heat treatment temperature, soaking time and cooling rate were selected as per phase diagram of specimen material. Specimen was tested for mechanical properties before and after heat treatment. Two processes annealing and normalizing compared with respect to their effect on properties of spring shape specimens in reference with standard data for steel used.
Rapid Stress Relief and Tempering: Process description by Mario GRENIER and Roger GINGRAS.
Anil Sharma, Amit Sharma, Anurag Dhiman, analysis of change in mechanical behavior of welded steel alloy by post weld heat treatment. International journal of engineering research-online, ISSN: 2321-7758, volume. 4, Issue.3. 2016 (May- June), pp.393-399.
ASTM International, ASTM Handbook, vol. 4, Heat Treating, American Society for Metals Park, Ohio, 1991.
Sujit Raj, Rahul Davis, Analysis of the effects of heat treatment and turning process parameters on AISI 4340 steel.International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM)/www.ijaiem.org/ISSN: 2319-4847, volume 3/Issue 3, June 2014, pp.129-134.
Sayed Shafayat Hossain, Md. Maksudul Islam and Sajibul Alam Bhufana case study of heat treatment on AISI 1020 steel, Global journal of research in engineering a mechanical and mechanics engineering online ISSN: 2249-4596/volume 14/ issue 5/version 1.0/2014/pp.34-39.
Amit Sharma, Himanshu Triphati, Jatinder Kumar, Analysis of change in mechanical properties of low alloy steel (similar to AISI 8740) friction welded with INCONEL 708 (Austenitic Nickelchromium based super alloys) after heat treatment. International journal of advanced engineering technology, E-ISSN 0976-3945/IJAET/VOL.IV/Issue. I/jan-march.2013/pp.54-57.
http://nptel.ac.in/courses/iit-Madras/Design-steel-structure-1/1-introduction/3-properties of steel pdf.
https://www.thebalnce.com/general properties-of-steel-2340118 (steel table)
Mohammed H.Frihat,effect of heat treatment parameters on mechanical and microstructure properties of low alloy steel. Journal of surface engineered material and advanced technology/volume 5/2015/pp.214-227. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4236/jsemat.2015.54023
Utsav Vatsayon, K.M Pandy, A.Biswas, effect of heat treatment on material used in automobiles, ISOR journal of mechanical and civil engineering (ISPR-JMCE) e-ISSN:2278-1648, P-ISSN: 2323-334X,volume 11, Issue 5,ver.1 (sept-oct.2014),pp.90-95.
Sanjay Murari, Sunil Bhujanyannwar, cryogenic technique for the steel heat treatment, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 8, August 2013, ISSN 2229-5518.
http//ecyclopedia2.the free dictionary.com/batch=type+furnace.
Nadun Ibrahim Nasir, the effect of heat treatment on mechanical properties of stainless steel type 304,International journal of scientific engineering and research (IJSER),Volume 3,ISSUE 8,Augest 2015,pp.87-93.
Devnath Khunte, Gopal Sahu, Parkash Kumar Sen, Dilesh Sharma, Shailendra Bohidar, A review on effect of heat treatment on steel .International journal of research in aeronautical and mechanical engineering ISSN (online): 2321-3051.volume 3, issue 11, November 2015, pp.90-99.
P. Tamil Arasu, R.Dhanasekaran, P.Senthil, N.Srinivasan, effect of hardness and microstructure on En 353 steel by heat treatment. International journal of engineering and science.Vol.2, Issue 11(April 2013), pp.01-05.
D. A. Fadare, T. G. Fadara and O. Y. Akanbi,Effect of Heat Treatment on Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of NST 37-2 SteelJournal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering, Vol. 10, No.3, pp.299-308, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4236/jmmce.2011.103020
William E. Luecke and John A. Slotwinski, Mechanical Properties of Austenitic Stainless Steel Made by Additive Manufacturing,Volume 119 (2014) http://dx.doi.org/10.6028/jres.119.015 Journal of Research of the National Institute of Standards and Technology. DOI: https://doi.org/10.6028/jres.119.015
Agarwal RL. Welding engineering: a textbook for engineering students. 4 ed. Delhi: Kanaa Publishers; 1992.
William FS. Principle of materials science and engineering. 2 Ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company; 1990. p. 534-535.
O. R. Adetunji*, P. O. Aiyedun, S. O. Ismaila, M. J. Alao, Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering, 2012, 11, 832-835. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4236/jmmce.2012.118074
Anmol Singh et al., To analyze effect of heat treatment on properties of steel specimen before welding and after welding, International Journal of Engineering Science Invention Research & Development; Vol. III, Issue XII, JUNE 2017
Rajani kant, Analysis of change in properties of steel specimen under various heat treatment parameters, April 2018| IJIRT | Volume 4 Issue 11 | ISSN: 2349-6002.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section