MARKETING MIX EFFECT ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ON THE TOURISM IN TOMOHON CITY
Keywords:Marketing Mix, Customer Satisfaction
Motivation/Background : Consumer satisfaction is very important for a tourist spot, because it determines the ability and level of profit it can achieve. Because it is necessary to pay attention to things that have the potential to affect consumer satisfaction, including the Marketing Mix. This study discusses the aspects of the marketing mix that affect consumer satisfaction at tourist attractions in the city of Tomohon. The aim is to determine the effect of the Marketing Mix on Customer Satisfaction. Marketing Mix (Marketing Mix) is a set of marketing tools that companies use to achieve goals in target markets. Marketing Mix includes variable Product (Product), Price (Price), Place (Place) and Promotion (Promotion). Consumer satisfaction is the feeling of pleasure or disappointment of a customer that arises after comparing perceptions of the performance of a product and its expectations.
Method: In this study, the data collection techniques used were observation, interviews and a list of questions given to consumers or guests on the object under study. The variables measured are the factors of the marketing mix including product (X1), price (X2), place (X3) and promotion (X4), and customer satisfaction (Y). The analytical method used is Multiple Linear Regression Analysis.
Results: From the analysis results obtained the value of the coefficient of determination (r 2 ) of 0.889; which shows that the factors of the Marketing Mix have a contribution or proportion of the contribution to the variation (fluctuation) of Consumer Satisfaction by 88.9%, while the remaining 11.1% is explained by other factors.
Conclusions: From the research results, the value of the Correlation Coefficient (r) is 0.943 (94.3%) or close to 1 (100%), which indicates that there is a very close and positive relationship between the Marketing Mix and the Consumer Satisfaction.
Aker and Umar (2011), “Marketing Management”, Erlangga Publisher, Jakarta.
Assauri Sofyan, (2010), " Marketing Management; Basic Concepts and Strategies",Rajawali Press Publisher, Jakarta.
Boyd, Harper W, Walker O, C and Lurrenche, Jea n-Claude (2010), " Marketing Management: A Strategic Approach with Oriental Global ", Second Edition Erlangga, Jakarta.
Kotler, Philip (2012), " Marketing Management, Planning Analysis, Control ", Prentice Hall, Indonesian Edition, Jakarta: Salemba 4.
(2011, Marketing Management, The Millenium Edition”, Prentice Hall Inc, New Jersey.
Kotler, Philip and Sidney (2012), “Expanding Marketing Concepts - Marketing Classic, Revised Edition”, Amara Books, Yogyakarta.
Lincoln Arsyad (2010), " Sampling Methods ", Erlangga Publisher, Jakarta.
Neil H. Borden (2011), “Marketing Classic, Revised Edition”, Amara Books, Yogyakarta.
Phlip Kotler and Sidney J. Levy (2012), " Expanding Marketing Concepts, Classic Marketing, Revised Edition ", Amara Books, Yogyakarta.
Rangkun (2011), " Measuring Methods of Respondent Variables “, Salemba 4, Jakarta.
Suliyanto (2010), " Business and Marketing Research Methodology ", Ghalia Indonesia, Jakarta.
Soemarsono (2014), " Business Research Methods ", Publisher PT. Alphabet, Bandung.
Supranto (2010), " Hypothesis Testing Procedure ", Erlangga, Jakarta.
Theodore Levitt (2007), “Marketing Classic, Marketing Myopia, Revised Edition”,Amara Books, Yogyakarta.
Walker and Larreche (2010), “Corporate Marketing Strategy”, Salemba 4, Jakarta.
How to Cite
With the licence CC-BY, authors retain the copyright, allowing anyone to download, reuse, re-print, modify, distribute, and/or copy their contribution. The work must be properly attributed to its author.
It is not necessary to ask for further permission from the author or journal board.
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.