PASCAL TRIANGLE AND PYTHAGOREAN TRIPLES
Keywords:Binomial Coefficients, Pascal Triangle, Pythagorean Triple, Primitive Pythagorean Triple
The concept of Pascal’s triangle has fascinated mathematicians for several centuries. Similarly, the idea of Pythagorean triples prevailing for more than two millennia continue to surprise even today with its abundant properties and generalizations. In this paper, I have demonstrated ways through four theorems to determine Pythagorean triples using entries from Pascal’s triangle.
Juan B. Gil and Aaron Worley, Generalized Metallic Means, Fibonacci Quarterly, Volume 57 (2019), Issue. 1, 45-50. Retrieved from https://arxiv.org/abs/1901.02619
K. Hare, H. Prodinger, and J. Shallit, Three series for the generalized golden mean, Fibonacci Quart. 52(2014), no. 4, 307-313.
Krcadinac V., A new generalization of the golden ratio. Fibonacci Quarterly, 2006;44(4):335-340. Retrieved from https://arxiv.org/abs/1401.6200v1
P.N. Vijayakumar, R. Sivaraman, Probing Pythagorean Triples, Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Advanced Research in Arts, Science, Engineering and Technology (ICARASET - 2021), DK International Research Foundation, ISBN: 978-93-90956-53-1, pp. 39 - 41, 2021. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dr-Ishan-Pandya/publication/353121277_DISEASE-X_CROWN_VIRUSES_TRANSFORMED_LIVESINTO_CORONA_FACTORIES_AND_DANCE_OF_THE_PANDEMIC_COVID-19/links/60e820950fbf460db8f30c59/DISEASE-X-CROWN-VIRUSES-TRANSFORMED-LIVESINTO-CORONA-FACTORIES-AND-DANCE-OF-THE-PANDEMIC-COVID-19.pdf
R. Sivaraman, Exploring Metallic Ratios, Mathematics and Statistics, Horizon Research Publications, Volume 8, Issue 4, (2020), pp. 388 - 391. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.13189/ms.2020.080403 DOI: https://doi.org/10.13189/ms.2020.080403
R. Sivaraman, Generalized Lucas, Fibonacci Sequences and Matrices, Purakala, Volume 31, Issue 18, April 2020, pp. 509 - 515.
R. Sivaraman, Pythagorean Triples and Generalized Recursive Sequences, Mathematical Sciences International Research Journal, Volume 10, Issue 2, July 2021, pp. 1 - 5.
R. Sivaraman, Relation between Terms of Sequences and Integral Powers of Metallic Ratios, Turkish Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Volume 32, Issue 2, 2021,1308 - 1311.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section