THE EFFECT OF LEVERAGE, FIRM SIZE, AND SALES GROWTH ON INCOME SMOOTHING AND ITS IMPLICATION TO THE FIRM VALUE (STUDY ON STATE-OWNED COMPANIES LISTED IN INDONESIA STOCK EXCHANGE 2016-2019)
Keywords:Income Smoothing, Firm Value, Debt To Equity Ratio, Firm Size, Sales Growth
The purpose of this research was to determine the effect of leverage, firm size and sales growth on income smoothing and its implication to the firm value. The population used on this research was 24 state-owned companies listed on Indonesia Stock Exchange. The samples were determined using purposive sampling method and there were 19 companies which selected as the samples. The analytical method used on this research was statistic descriptive and panel data regression and use Eviews 9 for data processing. The result of this research showed that leverage which measured by debt to equity ratio has negative and insignificant effect on income smoothing while firm size and sales growth have negative and significant effect on income smoothing and income smoothing itself was found to have positive and significant effect on the firm value
Anindya, Wina and Yuyetta, Etna Nur Afri, (2020) Pengaruh Leverage, Sales Growth, Ukuran Perusahaan dan Profitabilitas Terhadap Manajemen Laba, Diponogoro Journal of Accounting, Vol 9 Nomor 3, pp. 1 - 14.
Bae, Seong Mi, Masud, Md. Abdul Kaium, and Kim, Jong Dae, (2018) A Cross-Country Investigation of Corporate Governance and Corporate Sustainability Disclosure: A Signaling Theory Perspective, Journal Sustainability. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.3390/su10082611 DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/su10082611
Dion, Michel, (2016) Agency Theory and Financial Crime: The Paradox of The Opportunistic Executive, Journal of Financial Crime, Emerald insight,. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1108/JFC-03-2015-0012 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/JFC-03-2015-0012
Holinata, Wilbert Jonathan and Yanti, (2020) Factors Affecting Income Smoothing, Proceedings of the 2nd Tarumanagara International Conference on the Applications of Social Sciences and Humanities. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.201209.046 DOI: https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.201209.046
Iswajuni, Arina Manasikana and Soetedjo, (2018) The Effect of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) on Firm Value in Manufacturing Companies Listed on Indonesian Stock Exchange year 2010-2013, Asian Journal of Accounting Research Emerald Insight. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1108/AJAR-06-2018-0006 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/AJAR-06-2018-0006
Jiang, Chun and Fu, Qiang, (2019) A Win-Win Outcome Between Corporate Eviromental Performance and Corporate Value: From the Perspective of Stakeholders, Sustainability, Vol. 11 No. 921. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.3390/su11030921 DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/su11030921
Mohammadi, M.Y. and Arman, M.H., (2016) The Survey of Accounting Variables Effect on Income Smoothing in Stock Exchange Companies, Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences, Vol 8 No 2. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.4314/jfas.v8i2s.29 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4314/jfas.v8i2s.29
Phornlaphatrachakorn, K., and Na-Kalasindhu, K, (2020) Strategic management accounting and firm performance: Evidence from finance businesses in Thailand, Journal of Asian Finance, Economics, and Business, Vol 7 No 8, pp. 309-321. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.13106/jafeb.2020.vol7.no8.309 DOI: https://doi.org/10.13106/jafeb.2020.vol7.no8.309
Rodrigues, Ramon and Florencio, Joséte, (2020) Income Smoothing Practice and Conservatism in Brazilian Credit Unions, Revista Pensamento Contemporaneo em Administracao. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.12712/rpca.v14i1.38886 DOI: https://doi.org/10.12712/rpca.v14i1.38886
Shabilla, Annisa and Nugroho, Wawan Sadtyo, (2020) Pengaruh Financial Leverage, Ukuran Perusahaan, Profitabilitas, dan Struktur Kepemilikan Terhadap Praktik Perataan Laba, Business and Economics Conference in Utilization of Modern Technology.
Suprianto, E, and Setiawan, D, (2018) Impact of family control on the relationship between earning management and future performance in Indonesia, Business and Economic Horizon Vol 14 No 2, pp. 342-354. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.15208/beh.2018.25 DOI: https://doi.org/10.15208/beh.2018.25
Sutama, Dedi Rossidi dan Lisa, Erna, (2018) Pengaruh Leverage dan Profitabilitas Terhadap Nilai Perusahaan (Studi pada Perusahaan Sektor Manufaktur Food and Beverage yang terdaftar di Bursa Efek Indonesia), Jurnal Sains Manajemen & Akuntansi, Vol X No 1. Retrieved from http://ojs.stan-im.ac.id/index.php/JSMA/article/view/26
Tasman, Abel and Mulia, Yudi Suci, (2019) Analisis Praktek Income Smoothing dan Faktor Penentunya Pada Perusahaan Indek LQ45 di Indonesia, E-Journal UNP, Vol 7 No 2. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.24036/wra.v7i2.106951 DOI: https://doi.org/10.24036/wra.v7i2.106951
Theodoulidis, Babis, Diaz, David, Crotto, Federica and Rancati, Elisa Rancati, (2017) Exploring Corporate Social Responsibility and Financial Performance through Stakeholder Theory in The Tourism Industries, Elsevier. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2017.03.018 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2017.03.018
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section