VALIDATION OF EQUATIONS LECKNER FOR CALCULATE THE EMISSIVITY OF GAS COMBUSTION MIXTURE OBTAINED FROM THE COMPARATION WITH THE METHOD OF HOTTEL AND THE APPLICATION ON AN INDUSTRIAL THREE BED REGENERATIVE CHAMBER COMBUSTION UNIT
This paper investigates the validity of the LECKNER to calculate the of mixture of gas combustion in by H. and R. J. Tucker method for enclosures with surfaces exposed to significant thermal radiation. The analysis is focused on a specific combustion chamber in a three-bed regenerative oxidizer and calculates the coefficient of absorption and the corresponding thermal irradiation flux exchanges among the hot wall surfaces of the chamber. The temperature distribution and the initial composition of the gaseous mixture at the inlet plane were assumed known.
. Pittas Nicholas European Patent Application. EPO 1409924 Patent
. H. Hottel,“Radiative Transfer”, Mc Graw-Hill, New York, 1967.
..R.J.Tucker, “British Gas Corporation Midlands Research Station”, Contributed by the Heat Transfer Division for Publication in the JOURNAL OF HEAT TRANFER Manuscript received by the Heat Transfer Division January 29,1985AUGUST 1986, Vol. 108/707
. Leckner, B. The Spectral and Total Emissivity of Water Vapor and Carbon Dioxide Combustion and Flame. Volume 17; Issue 1; August 1971, Pages 37- 44.
 .( ΕngineeringHeatTransfer/Rathore, Kapuno 2011 fig.13.56, fig.13.57)
Copyright (c) 2021 N. Pittas, Vasileios Moutsios, Demos P. Georgiou, Irini Muravieva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section