MEASUREMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE IN INDIAN CONTEXT: AN EXPLORATORY STUDY
Organizational excellence is the most recognized organizational concept of the twenty first century. This study aims at exploring the criteria for measuring organizational excellence in the Indian context. The study is basically based on primary data collected from a sample of 50 executives using structured questionnaire. Judgment sampling technique is used for conducting the survey. The five point response category of Likert type has been employed to examine the responses of respondents. The percentage of respondents responded against each response category has been used to measure the extent of positive, neutral and negative responses. The data sorted out and Cronbach’s alpha computed using Excel-07 and SPSS-20. The response analysis indicated that the organization under study has achieved satisfactory level of organizational excellence at the present time. The results are quite consistent to the saga of the organization. The study emphasizes the need for long-term strategy for achieving the goal of sustained excellence of the organization. Key contribution and limitations also indicated.
Musa, P. and Tulay, G., Investigating the impact of organizational excellence and leadership on achieving business performance: An exploratory study of Turkish firms, SAM Advance Management Journal, 73 (1), 2008, 29-45.
Shirvani, A. and Iranban, S., Organizational excellence performance and human force productivity promotion: A case study of South Zagros Oil and Gas production company, Iran, European Online Journal of Natural and Social Sciences, 2(3), 2013, 3010-3015.
Zgodavova, K., Hudec, O, and Palfy, P., Culture and Quality: Insight into foreign organizations in Slovakia, Total Quality Management & Business Excellence (e-Journal), 28, (9-10), 2017, 1054-1075, (DOI: 10.1080/14783363.2017.1309120).
Peters, T.J. and Waterman, R. H., In search of Excellence: Lessons from America’s Best Run Companies, (First Edition), Harper & Row, New York, USA, 1982, p. 360.
Thawani, Sunil, Six Sigma-Strategy for Organizational Excellence, The Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 15(5-6), 2004, 655-664. Available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14783360410001680143 (Accessed on June 17, 2016). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/14783360410001680143
Harrington, H.J., The Five Pillars of Organizational Excellence, paper presented at 9th International Convention on Quality Improvement, November 14-15, 2005, Karanchi, Pakistan, p.5.
Methurst, D. and Richards, D., The Fundamental Concepts of Organizational Excellence: A Blueprint of Success, D & D Excellence Limited, 2006-2010, Available at http://www.ddexcellence.com (Accessed on May 20,2016).
Webster, M., Organizational Excellence, so what is Organizational Excellence 2016, Available at https://realorganizationalexcellence.com/2011/08/25/so-what-is-organizational-excellence (Accessed on December 29, 2019).
ASQ, What is Organizational Excellence? (Online) 2015, Available at http://asq.org/learn-about-quality/organizational-excellence(Accessed on December 29,2019).
Bailey, D.M., Journey to Excellence, Quality Progress, August 2014, pp. 42-45.
Ladzani, W., Benchmarking the South African Excellence Model against World Class best practice business excellence models, Environmental Economics (e-journal) 7(4), 2016, 8-19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21511/ee.07(4).2016.01
Nenadal, J. Vykydal, D.and Ealoszek, D., Organizational Excellence: Approaches, Models and their use at Czeck Organizations, Quality Innovation Prosperity, 22 (2), 2018, 47-64. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12776/qip.v22i2.1129
Hair, J.F., Bush, R.P. and Ortinau, D.J., Marketing Research: Within a changing information environment, (Second Edition) 2003, Mc Graw- Hill, New York.
Likert, R., A Technique for the Measurement of Attitudes, 1932, The Science Press, New York, Also Archives of Psychology, 22 (40), 1-55.
Kumari, Sony, Motivation and Employee Satisfaction for achieving Organizational Excellence: A Case study of Central Coalfields Limited, Ranchi, Ph.D. Thesis submitted to Ranchi University, Ranchi, 2020.
Shelton, C.D., Darling, J.R. and Walker, E.W., Foundations of Organizational Excellence: Leadership Values, Strategies and Skills, LTA, 1 (2), 2002, p.48.
Kumar, Manish, A Study of competency-based recruitment and selection process at CCL, Ranchi, Jharkhand, ARISOM Journal of Social Sciences, 1 (2), 2019, p. 25 (ISSN: 2581-6365-P).
Nunnally, J.C., Psychometric Theory, (Second Edition) 1978, Mc Graw- Hill, New York.
The Times of India, Amid Lockdown, CCL records its highest daily production, Ranchi Edition, Times City, March 30, 2020, p. 3.
Copyright (c) 2020 L .N. Bhagat, Sony kumari
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section