THE RESTORATION OF THE REFORMED CHURCH OF AITON 2018–2020 CASE STUDY, CONDITION SURVEY BY FACILITY CONDITION INDEX
The professional restoration of an initially Catholic, and then, after an 18th-century reconstruction, Reformed, single-tower church of medieval origin, having mixed walls and an eclectic roof structure, following two consecutive, incorrect interventions.
The technical condition of listed buildings is the indicator of their general structural condition. To assess errors and damage, I have compiled a new method that includes a sample to follow, as well as damage assessment tables, recommended procedures, and calculations. This calculation method shows the structural condition of listed buildings and the value of the approximate restoration costs. I present this procedure through the presently ongoing survey and restoration process of a listed building in Aiton, near Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania.
Bucur Horváth, I., Bulbuk, M.: Original solutions for structural and functional rehabilitation of masonry buidings. Proceedings of the International Symposium on STUDIES ON HISTORICAL HERITAGE, Yildiz Tehnical University, Istanbul, Reserch Center for Preservation of Historical Heritage, TA-MIR, Antalya, Turkey, September 17-21, 2007, pp. 609-616, ISBN: 978-975-461-433-
Bucur-Horváth, I., Popa, I., Bulbuk, M. & Virág, J.: Historical Constructions - Authenticity and adaptation to the modern demands. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS of HISTORIC CONSTRUCTION, Volum 1, 2-4 July 2008, Bath, United Kingdom, pp. 169-174, CRC Press, Taylor an Francis Group, London, Balkema, ISBN Set978-0-415-46872-5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1201/9781439828229.ch17
Márton István Bulbuk: Szerkezeti beavatkozások műemlék épületeknél. (Structural interventions on listed buildings.) Doctoral dissertation. Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, 2011. (Teza de doctorat, "Interventiistructurale la cladirimonumentale", U.T. Cluj-Napoca, 2011, in Romanian)3th June 2020, Budapest
Copyright (c) 2020 Dr. Márton István BULBUK
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section