MOISTURE AND PH DETECTION USING SENSORS AND AUTOMATIC IRRIGATION SYSTEM USING RASPBERRY PI BASED IMAGE PROCESSING
India’s population rate is increasing day by day. In near future, we could face serious problem of food and other daily necessities, hence the development of agriculture is necessary. Today, the farmers are suffering due to inconsistent rains and scarcity of water. The main objective of this paper is to provide an automatic irrigation system, thereby saving their time, money & power of the farmer. The traditional farm-land irrigation techniques require manual intervention. With the automated technology of irrigation, the human intervention can be minimized. There will be moisture sensors installed on the field. Whenever there is a change in water content of soil these sensors sense the change gives an interrupt signal to the micro-controller. As soil is recognized as one of the most valuable natural resource whose pH property used to describe the degree of acidity or basicity which affect nutrient availability and ultimately plant growth. For capturing the images, a camera is used and after processing the captured image the pH value of the soil is determined and accordingly crops or plants are suggested that can be grown in the field. Due to detection of soil pH value, we can reduce the chances of crops being destructed.
Pavithra D.S, M. S .Srinath, “GSM based Automatic Irrigation Control System for Efficient Use of Resources and Crop Planning by Using an Android Mobile”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSRJMCE) Vol 11, Issue I, Jul-Aug 2014, page 49-55 DOI: https://doi.org/10.9790/1684-11414955
An Image Processing based Raindrop Parameter Estimation, Ganesh Kolte, Lecturer, SESGOIFE, Karjat, India. P.A.Ghonge, Principal, YTIET Karjat, India. (IJETT) – Volume 31,Page 73 Number 2- January 2016.ISSN: 2231-5381 http://www.ijettjournal.org DOI: https://doi.org/10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V31P214
Vinay Kumar, Binod Kumar Vimal, Rakesh Kumar,Rakesh Kumar, Mukesh Kumar , “Determination of soil pH by using digital image processing technique ” ,Journal of Applied and Natural Science 6 (1): 14-18 (2014). DOI: https://doi.org/10.31018/jans.v6i1.368
Karan Kansara, Vishal Zaveri, Shreyan Shah, Sandip Delwadkar, Kaushal Jani , “Sensor based Automated Irrigation System with IOT” , International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 6, 2015, 5331-5333.
Sensor Based Automatic Irrigation System and Soil pH Detection using Image Processing Sanjay Kumawat, Mayur Bhamare, Apurva Nagare , Ashwini Kapadnis,Dept. of Computer Engineering, Late. G. N. Sapkal College of Engineering, Nashik, Maharashtra, India.International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395 -0056, Volume: 04 Issue: 04 | Apr -2017 p-ISSN: 2395-0072
Joaquin Gutierrez ; Juan Francisco VillaMedina ; Alejandra Nieto-Garibay ; Miguel Angel Porta Gandara ,“Automated Irrigation System Using a Wireless Sensor Network and GPRS Module “ IEEE Transactions 19 August 2013.
S. Darshna, T.Sangavi , Sheena Mohan, A.Soundharya,Sukanya Desikan , “Smart Irrigation System”, IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering Volume 10, Issue 3, Ver. II (May - Jun.2015).
R.Suresh, S.Gopinath, K.Govinda raju, T.Devika, N.Suthanthira Vanitha, “GSM based Automated Irrigation Control using Rain gun Irrigation System”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 3, Issue 2,February 2014.
Copyright (c) 2018 Shetty Sagar, Bardhan Debjeet, Lokhande Advait, Nitish Mishra
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section