A REVIEW OF NOVEL APPROACH FOR REDUCTION IN SUB CARRIER PEAK TO AVERAGE POWER RATIO IN ORTHOGONAL FREQUENCY DIVISION MULTIPLEXING
In last few decades the demand for multimedia data services has grown up fastly. One of the most promising multicarrier system, Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) allow large number of capacity the number of subcarriers, high data rates and ubiquitous coverage with high mobility. But OFDM is extensively affected by peak to average power ratio (PAPR). Unfortunately, the high PAPR inherent to OFDM signal envelopes will frequently drive high power amplifiers (HPAs) which are operate in the nonlinear region. The nonlinearity of the High Power Amplifier exhibits phase and amplitude distortions, which causes loss of orthogonality between the subcarriers; also (ICI) is introduced in the source signal. This dissertation is basically focused on PAPR reduction in OFDM system and measuring BER in different Modulation Technique. In PAPR reduction Signal companding methods have low complication, high distortion and spectral properties; however, we have limited PAPR reduction capabilities. Partial transmit sequences (PTS) and selected mapping (SLM), have also been considered for PAPR reduction. Such kind of techniques are very efficient and distortion less, Also the SLM is very good technique to the PAPR problem in single carrier system. This method has low complexity as well as it is data independent.
In this paper, we are describing a combine technique of SLM and PTS to minimize the PAPR. In PTS scheme, number of sub blocks increases; the IFFT block to be performed for sub blocks also increases. Simulation results have shown that the reductions of PAPR of proposed scheme is more than PTS and SLM methods as well as the difficulty reduced considerably.
Vipin Kumar, Dr.Praveen, Anupama “Performance Analysis of MIMO OFDM system using BPSK & QPSK modulation techniques under Rayleigh Fading Channel” IJARCET 2016.
Arun Agarwal, Kabita Agarwal “Performance evaluation of OFDM based WiMAX (IEEE 802.16d) system under diverse channel conditions” IEEE Jan 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EESCO.2015.7253958
Tareq Y. Al-Naffouri ,Ahmed A. Quadeer “Impulse Noise Estimation an Removal for OFDM Systems” IEEE Transactions on communication (Volume:62 , Issue: 3 ) February 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2014.012414.130244
Parul Wadhwa, Gaurav Gupta, “BER Analysis & Comparison of Different Equalization Techniques for MIMO-OFDM System”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, (IJARCSSE), Volume 3, Issue 6, June 2013.
Vishal Anand, Sharmeele Thanagjam, Sukhjeet Kaur, “Analysis of OFDM BER and PAPR using TURBO CODE”, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, VOL.12 No.3, March 2012.
Ligata, Haris Gacanin, Fumiyuki Adachi, Miha Smolnikar, and Mihael Mohorcic, “Bit Error Rate Analysis for an OFDM System with Channel Estimation in a Nonlinear and Frequency Selective Fading Channel”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2011/670637
Vivek K. Dwivedi and G. Singh, “An Efficient BER Analysis of OFDM Systems with ICI Conjugate Cancellation Method”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium, Cambridge, USA, July 2-6, 2008.
S. Coleri, M. Ergen, A. Puri, and A. Bahai, “Channel estimation techniques based on pilot arrangement in OFDM systems”, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 48, pp. 223-229, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TBC.2002.804034
H. Bolckei, D. Gesbert, and A. J. Paulraj, “On the capacity of OFDM-based spatial multiplexing systems”, IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 50, pp. 225-234, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/26.983319
W. G. Jeon, K. H. Paik, and Y. S. Cho, “Two-dimensional pilot-symbol-aided channel estimation for OFDM systems with transmitter diversity”, IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E85B, pp. 840-844, Apr. 2002.
P. Foomooljareon and W. Fernando, “PAPR reduction in OFDM systems”, Thammasat International Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 7, no. 3, 2002.
A. D. S. Jayalath, “OFDM for Wireless Broadband Communications (Peak Power Reduction, Spectrum and Coding)”, Science and Software Engineering Melbourne: in School of Computer Monash University, pp. 257, 2002.
M. Faulkner, “OFDM: Overview”, Melbourne, 2002.
Y. Jung, Y. Tak, J. Kim, J. Park, D. Kim, and H. Park, “Efficient FFT algorithm for OFDM modulation”, Proceedings of IEEE Region 10, International Conference on Electrical and Electronic Technology, TENCON, pp. 676-678 vol. 2, 2001.
A. Sadat and W. B. Mikhael, “Fast Fourier Transform for high speed OFDM wireless multimedia system”, Proceedings of the 44th IEEE Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, MWSCAS, pp. 938- 942 vol. 2, 2001.
J. Stott, “The DVB terrestial (DVB-T) specification and its implementation in a practical modem”, International Broadcasting Convention, pp. 255-260, 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1049/cp:19960816
Copyright (c) 2018 Manju Sangar, Professor Brijendra Mishra, Professor Bhupendra Verma
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section