CANONICALIZATION OF CONSTRAINED HAMILTONIAN EQUATIONS IN A SINGULAR SYSTEM
In this paper, the canonicalization of constrained Hamiltonian system is discussed. Because the constrained Hamiltonian equations are non-canonical, they lead to many limitations in the research. For this purpose, variable transformation is constructed that satisfies the condition of canonical equation, and the new variables can be obtained by a series of derivations. Finally, two examples are given to illustrate the applications of the result.
Dirac P A M. Lecture on Quantum Mechanics. New York: Yeshiva University Pres， 1964.
Li Z P. Classical and Quantal Dynamics of Constrained System and Their Symmetrical Properties. Beijing: Beijing Polytechnic Univ. Press (in Chinese), 1993.
Li Z P. Constrained Hamiltonian System and Their Symmetrical Properties. Beijing: Beijing Polytechnic Univ. Press (in Chinese), 1999.
Li Z P and Jiang J H. Symmetries in Constrained Canonical System. Beijing: Science Press (in Chinese) ，2002.
Hanson A，Regge T and Teitelboim C. Constrained Hamiltonian Systems. Rome: Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei，1976.
Sundermeyer K. Constrained Dynamics. Berlin: Springer-Verlag，1982.
Gitman D M，Tyutin I V. Quantization of Fields with Constraints. Berlin: Springer-Verlag， 1990. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-83938-2
Mei F X. Application of Lie Groups and Lie Algebras to Constrained Mechanical Systems. Beijing: Science Press (in Chinese), 1999.
Dorodnitsyn V A，Kozlovb R and Winternitz P. Continuous symmetries of Lagrangians and exact solutions of discrete equations. J. Math. Phys. 2004，45：336-359. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1625418
Fu J L, Chen L Q and Bai J H. Localized Lie symmetries and conserved quantities for the finitedegree-of-freedom systems. Chinese Physics B, 2005, 14(1):6-11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1009-1963/14/1/002
Zhang H B，Chen L Q and Liu R W. First integrals of the discrete nonconservative and nonholonomic system. Chinese Physics，2005，14（2）: 238-243. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1009-1963/14/2/003
Fu J L，Chen B Y and Chen L Q. Noether symmetries of discrete nonholonomic dynamical systems. Physics Letters A，2009，373: 409-412. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physleta.2008.11.039
Fu J L and Chen B Y. Noether-type theorem for discrete nonconservative dynamical systems with nonregular lattices. Sci China Ser G doic 10.1007/s11433-009-0258-z.
Fu J L，Chen B Y，Fu H，Zhao G L，Liu R W and Zhu Z Y. Velocity-dependent symmetries and non-Noether conserved quantities of electromechanical systems. Sci. China: Phys.，Mech. Astron.，2011，54（2）：288-295. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11433-010-4173-0
Fu J L，Li X W，Li C R，Zhao W J and Chen B Y. Symmetries and exact solutions of discrete nonconservative systems. Sci. China: Phys.，Mech. Astron.，2010，53（9）：1699-1706. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11433-010-4075-1
Feng K and Qin M Z. Symplectic Geometric Algorithms for Hamiltonian System. Springer， New York，2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-01777-3
Zhang R L, Liu J, Tang Y F, et al. Canonicalization and symplectic simulation of the gyrocenter dynamics in time-independent magnetic fields[J]. Physics of Plasmas, 2014, 21(3):2445-58. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4867669
Wu Y and Du S Y. Symplectic methods of the dynamic equations of constrained multibody systems. Journal of Chongqing Univ, 2004, 27(6): 102-105.
Calvo M P, Sanz-Serna J M. Canonical B-series [J]. Numerische Mathematik, 1994, 67(2):161- 175. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s002110050022
Leimkuhler B J, Skeel R D. Symplectic Numerical Integrators in Constrained Hamiltonian Systems [J]. Journal of Computational Physics, 1994, 112(1):117-125. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1006/jcph.1994.1085
Reich S. Symplectic Integration of Constrained Hamiltonian Systems by Composition Methods [J]. Mathematics of Computation, 1994, 63(2):475-491.
Olver P J. Darboux's theorem for Hamiltonian differential operators [J]. Journal of Differential Equations, 1988, 71(1):10-33. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-0396(88)90036-8
Copyright (c) 2017 Shan Cao, Jing-Li Fu, Hua-Shu Dou
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section