THE ANALYSIS OF DYNAMIC RESPONSE AND VOLTAGE FLICKER WITH STATCOM ON DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
The Flexible Alternating Current Transmission Systems (FACTS) device deals with the control of power flow, alternating current of transmission line and immediately respond towards the stability problems of the system. The present paper show that how the FACTS device STATCOM enhance the dynamic response and voltage flicker in distribution network of the power systems. In MATLAB a simplified distribution system is modeled and the find out the desired objectives. D-STATCOM changes from inductive to capacitive operation, the modulation index of the PWM inverter is increased from 0.56 to 0.9 which corresponds to a proportional increase in inverter voltage. Reversing of reactive power is very fast, about one cycle, as observed on D-STATCOM current. Observed on Scope that voltage fluctuation at bus B3 is now reduced to +/- 0.7 %. The D-STATCOM compensates voltage by injecting a reactive current modulated and varying between 0.6 pu capacitive when voltage is low and 0.6 pu inductive when voltage is high.
SankalpAsawa, Sam Al-Attiyah, “Impact of FACTS device in Electrical Power System”(ICEEOT) - 2016 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICEEOT.2016.7755141
B. U. Musa, Musa Mustapha “Modelling and Simulation of STATCOM for Reactive Power and Voltage Control”,(JMEST), ISSN: 3159-0040, Vol. 2 Issue 2, February – 2015
Ricardo Da´valos M., Juan M. Ramı´rez*, Rube´nTapia O., January 2005, "Three-phase multi-pulse converter StatCom analysis", International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol. 27, Issue 1,Pages 39-51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2004.08.007
A. F .Huweg, S. M. Bashi MIEEE, N. Mariun SMIEEE “Application of Inverter Based Shunt Device For Voltage Sag Mitigation Due to starting of an induction motor load”, C I R E D, Turin, 6-9 June 2005 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1049/cp:20051047
Sannino, A., Svensson, J. “Application of converter based series device for voltage sag mitigation to induction motor load”, Power Tech Proceedings, 2001 IEEE Porto,vol.2, Pages 6.
N.G. Hingorani, L. Gyugyi, “Understanding FACTS : Concepts and Technology of Flexible AC Transmission systems” IEEE Power Engineering Society, IEEE press, Delhi 2001.
Copyright (c) 2017 V.Siva Brahmaiah, Manav Adhikari
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section