PHOTOCATALYTIC AND ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITIES OF TiO2 AND SILVER AND ZINC DOPED TiO2 NANOPARTICLES
The TiO2 and Ag and Zn doped TiO2 nanoparticles were synthesized by sol-gel method.The sol-gel method is one of the versatile method to prepare doped and co-doped nanoparticles. sol gel method has emerged as simpler and better option than physical and chemical procedures as it is fast, clean and eco-friendly alternative that does not involve any costly instruments .Synthesis of doped and co-doped nanoparticles having good photocatalytic activity have great potential for the degradation of dye. We have tried to develop new effective antimicrobial reagents with good photocatalytic activities which are not resistant to disease causing microbes.
Trung, Tran. , Cho, Won-jel. , Ha, Chang-Sik. , “Preparation of TiO2 nanoparticles in glycerol- containing solutions, Science Direct Material Letters 57 ,2746-2750 (Elsevier) (2003) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-577X(02)01369-1
Shen, Guozhen, Hee Cho Jung. Jin Kyoung Yoo, Gyu- Chul Yi. and Cheol jin Lee, ”Synthesis and Optical Properties of S-Doped ZnO Nanostructures : Nanonails and Nanowires”, Journal Of Phys. Chem. B , 109, 5491-5496, (2004-05) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/jp045237m
Peng W.Q., Cong G.W., Qu S.C., Wang Z.G., ”Synthesis and photoluminescence of ZnS:Cu nanoparticles” Science Direct Optical Materials 29 ,313-317, (2006) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optmat.2005.10.003
Rema Devi, B.S., Raveendran, R .and Vaidyan A V. ””Synthesis and characterization of Mn 2+ - doped ZnS nanoparticles, PRAMANA, Journal of physics, Indian Academy of Science, . 68 No. 4, April (2007) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12043-007-0068-7
YU Huang Zheng xuxu, Zhongyi ,YIN, Feng, TAO , FANG Beibei , and HOU Keshan,”Preparation of Nitrogen-doped TiO 2 Nanoparticle Catalyst and Its Catalytic Activity under Visible Light” Chiniese Journal Chemistry Engineering 15(6) 802-807 (2007) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S1004-9541(08)60006-3
Zaleska, Adriana, ”Doped – TiO 2 A Review” Recent Patent on Engineering ,2.,157-164, . (2008). DOI: https://doi.org/10.2174/187221208786306289
Akpan., U.G.,Hameed B.H, “The advancements in sol-gel method of doped-TiO2 Photocatalysts.’’ Applied catalysis A: General 375 (2009) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2009.12.023
Hamadanian, M., Reisi- Vanani, A. , and Majedi A., “Sol- Gel Preparation and Characterization of Co/TiO2 Nanoparticles” Application to the Degradation of Methyl Orange” Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society, 7,S52-S58 ,(2010) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03246184
Rahulan, K.Mani, Ganeshan, S. and Aruna, P., Synthesis and optical limiting studies of Au-doped TiO2 nanoparticles from advances in natural science” “ Nano science and nano technology 2 , 025012 (2011) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/2043-6262/2/2/025012
Kokila, P. , Senthilkumar, V., Nazeer, K. Prem, ” Preparation and photo catalytic activity of Fe 3 + -doped TiO2 nanoparticles” Archives of Physics Research, , 2 (1): 246-253 (2011)
Chauhan, Ruby , Chaudhary ashadevi kumar Rampal: “structures of opticle properties of Zn1-xNixO and nano particles by coprecipitation method” Journal of optoelectronics and Biomedical materials III(1) , (2011)
Das,K.K.; Das,S.N.; Dhundasi,S.A.; “Nickel , its adverse health effects and oxidative stress “. Indian Journal of Medical Research ,128(4):117-131,(2008)
Roy, Kaushik; Sarkar, C.K.; Ghosh,C.K. “Photocatalytic activity of biogenic silver nanoparticles synthesized using yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae )extract,”Appliednanoscience5:953-959. (2014) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13204-014-0392-4
Ganesh, K.;Gupta, A.K.; Kumar,P.P.;Sekhar,P.S.C.;”Preparation and characterization of Ni- doped TiO2 Materials for photocurrent and photocatalytic applications.
Copyright (c) 2017 Chelaramani K., Varshney R., Bhardwaj A.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section