CLASSIFICATION OF BIOMEDICAL IMAGES USING CONTENT BASED IMAGE RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS
Because of the numerous application of Content-based image retrieval (CBIR) system in various areas, it has always remained a topic of keen interest by the researchers. Fetching of the most similar image from the complete repository by comparing it to the input image in the minimum span of time is the main task of the CBIR. The purpose of the CBIR can vary from different types of requirements like a diagnosis of the illness by the physician, crime investigation, product recommendation by the e-commerce companies, etc. In the present work, CBIR is used for finding the similar patients having Breast cancer. Gray-Level Co-Occurrence Matrix along with histogram and correlation coefficient is used for creating CBIR system. Comparing the images of the area of interest of a present patient with the complete series of the image of a past patient can help in early diagnosis of the disease. CBIR is so much effective that even when the symptoms are not shown by the body the disease can be diagnosed from the sample images.
M. Madugunki, D. S. Bormane, S. Bhadoria and C. G. Dethe, "Comparison of different CBIR techniques," 2011 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology, Kanyakumari, 2011, pp. 372-375.]. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICECTECH.2011.5941923
"Histogram of image data," Math Works, [Online]. Available: [Accessed 18 Februrary 2018] https://in.mathworks.com/help/images/ref/imhist.html#buo3qek-2_1]
"Texture Analysis Using the Gray-Level Co-Occurrence Matrix," Math Works, [Online]. Available: [Accessed 18 Februrary 2018] https://in.mathworks.com/help/images/texture-analysis-using-the-gray-level-co-occurrencematrix-glcm.html.
"2-D correlation coefficient," [Online]. Available: [Accessed 18 Februrary 2018] https://in.mathworks.com/help/images/ref/corr2.html.
K. Trojacanec, I. Dimitrovski and S. Loskovska, "Content based image retrieval in medical applications: an improvement of the two-level architecture," IEEE EUROCON 2009, St.- Petersburg, 2009, pp. 118-121. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EURCON.2009.5167614
Rani, Deepu, and Monica Goyal. "A Research Paper on Content Based Image Retrieval System using Improved SVM Technique." International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science 3.12 (2014).
Choudhary, Roshi, et al. "An integrated approach to content-based image retrieval." Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI, 2014 International Conference on. IEEE, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACCI.2014.6968394
Trojacanec, Katarina, Ivica Dimitrovski, and SuzanaLoskovska. "Content based image retrieval in medical applications: an improvement of the two-level architecture." EUROCON 2009, EUROCON'09. IEEE. IEEE, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EURCON.2009.5167614
Antani, Sameer K., L. Rodney Long, and George R. Thoma. "Content-based image retrieval for large biomedical image archives." Medinfo. 2004.
Khan, Sumaira Muhammad Hayat, Ayyaz Hussain, and Imad Fakhri Taha Alshaikhli. "Comparative study on content-based image retrieval (CBIR)." Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies (ACSAT), 2012 International Conference on. IEEE, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACSAT.2012.40
Aloni, Sukhada. "Content Based Image Retrieval in Biomedical Images Using SVM Classification with Relevance Feedback." International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 3.11 (2002): 1-7.
Ramos, José, et al. "Content-based image retrieval by metric learning from radiology reports: Application to interstitial lung diseases." IEEE journal of biomedical and health informatics20.1 (2016): 281-292. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/JBHI.2014.2375491
"National Biomedical Imaging Archive," [Online]. Available: [Accessed 18 Februrary 2018] https://imaging.nci.nih.gov/ncia/login.jsf.
Bagga, Sachin, Akshay Girdhar, and Munesh Chandra Trivedi. "SPMD based time sharing intelligent approach for image denoising." Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems 32.5 (2017): 3561-3573. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3233/JIFS-169292
Kaur, Manmeet, Akshay Girdhar, and Sachin Bagga. "Cluster Based Approach to CacheOblivious Average Filter Using RMI." The International Symposium on Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications. Springer International Publishing, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47952-1_31
Bagga, Sachin, et al. "RMI Approach to Cluster Based Cache Oblivious Peano Curves." Computational Intelligence & Communication Technology (CICT), 2016 Second International Conference on. IEEE, 2016 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CICT.2016.26
Kaur, Gurpinder, Sachin Bagga, and Kulvinder Singh Mann. "Hadoop Approach to Cluster Based Cache Oblivious Peano Curves." Advance Computing Conference (IACC), 2017 IEEE 7th International. IEEE, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/IACC.2017.0037
Copyright (c) 2018 Yinghui Zhang, Fengyuan Zhang, Yantong Cui, Ruoci Ning
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section