FORECASTING OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION RESULTS IN SOUTH DENPASAR USING QUADRATIC TREND METHOD BASED GIS
Agriculture is an activity of exploiting natural resources performed by humans to meet their needs, especially as staple food. Agricultural activities can produce foodstuffs, raw materials for industry, energy and also can balance the natural ecosystems. People may have forgotten the function of agriculture for several factors. Mentioning one, the population growth, with the result that land conversion is done to housing. Another, an economic concern that being a farmer does not guarantee the future, so that people have turned to other livelihoods that are considered promising, and other factors. Based on these facts that there has been a decline in agricultural land from 2011-2014 in Denpasar area, especially South Denpasar District, which can affect the amount of agricultural production as staple food. Total production of staple crops, especially rice plants, has decreased significantly in 2014.It became great concern to government and people in finding a solution. Due to lack of information on the impact of agricultural land conversion that affects the production, so that food needs are not met. Based on those problems, it is necessary to forecast the number of agricultural production using Quadratic Trend Method based on GIS (Geographic Information System) application using ArcView software. The results of this forecast that are implemented with a digital map can be used as a reference to the government in making decisions and create people awareness how important it is to preserve agriculture.
Denpasar, P. K., 2016, Profil Kota Denpasar, www.denpasarkota.go.id, accessed on June 23, 2016
Statistik, B. P. (2017, Mei 23). Badan Pusat Statistik Provinsi Bali. Retrieved from BPS Web site: http://www.bps.go.id/
Martin J. Bunch, T.Vasantha Kumaran, R.Joseph, Using Geographic Information System (GIS) for spatial planning and environmental management in India, International Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 2012, 40-54
Ibrahim Shaker, Hala Effat, Ayman Ragab, Asmaa Hamdy, Multi Criteria Geographic Information System Analysis for Sustainable Development in North Sinai-EGYPT, American Journal of Geographic Information System, vol 6 No.4, 141-155
Sonti SH, Application of Geographic Information System (GIS) in Forest Management, Geographic & Natural Disasters, vol 5 issue 3.
Irum Raza, Sobia Naheed, Muhammad Zubair Anwar, Muhammad Asif Masood, Trend Analysis of Tea Import in Pakistan, Global Journal of Researches in Engineering:G Indistrial Engineering, vol 15 Issue 3, 2015
Nigel Meade , Evidence for the Selection of Forecasting Methods, Journal of Forecasting, 2000, 515-535 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/1099-131X(200011)19:6<515::AID-FOR754>3.0.CO;2-7
Ni Nyoman Supuwiningsih, Muhammad Rusli, Prediction of Decreasing Agricultural Land Based on Geographic Information System Case Study: Denpasar City, International Journal of Computer Application, vol 162 No.9, March 2017, 30-34 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5120/ijca2017913364
Copyright (c) 2018 Ni Nyoman Supuwiningsih, PaulaDewanti, Ni KadekSukerti, I Made AgusWirahadi Putra
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section