TAXATION SYSTEM: A COMPARISON BETWEEN THAILAND AND THE PHILIPPINES
The purpose of this research to study of taxation system, taxpayers, taxation agencies, tax rates, penalties, term and conditions of tax privileges and comparative analysis of taxation systems between Thailand and Philippines. The findings of tax system comparison were the difference of tax collection organization between Thailand and Philippines, however, both countries have the same tax system that are tax baskets, tax regulations, tax benefits. From these findings can be concluded that taxpayers or entity in Thailand has more advantage than Philippines’s in tax allowance regulations, personal tax income allowance favoured to taxpayers for lower tax rate. Moreover, the tax rate in Thailand is lower than in Philippines resulting to proprietors or investors could bring these proceeds to expand their business or investment, finally, it will generate economic growth.
Khuanchai Techsensakula (2015) “The Philippines economics New wave of Asia” Prachachatbusiness (Online). http://www.prachachat.net/news_detail.php?newsid=1450612149, September 15, 2015.
Chonlatarn Wisarutwong (2008), A comparative study of excise tax in Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Korea, Australia, and the European Community 1st edition Bangkok Charerndeemonkong Printing.
Auyporn Futrakool (2014), who conducted a comparative study of Automotive Industry Tax structure of Thailand with ASEAN. Report to Ministry of Foreign affairs, August 2016.
The Abrea, Raymond A. 2016. Got a Question About Taxes? Ark the Tax Whiz! Rappler 2016 Edition. Pasig City: Inkwell Publishing Co.,Inc.
Bureau of Interal Revenue. 2016. "Comparative Internal Revenue Collections and Goals by Tax Type". Annual Report 2015. 60.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. 2017. International Tax Philippines Highlights 2017. 1-2.
Republic of the Philippines, Bureau of Customs. 2015 Annual Report (Online). http://customs.gov.ph/boc-annual-report/, December 20, 2016.
Republic of the Philippines, Bureau of Internal Revenue. Tax Information (Online). http://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/, December 10, 2016.
The World Bank Group. 2017. GDP growth (annual %) (Online). http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.KD.ZG, December 10, 2016.
Copyright (c) 2018 Rattana Pinthong, Paiboon Pajongwong, Thamrongsak Svetalekth
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section