ANALYSIS OF PRIORITY QUEUES WITH PENTAGON FUZZY NUMBER
Fuzziness is a sort of recent incoherence. Fuzzy set theory is asserted to depict vagueness. This study explores the queuing model of priority classes adopting pentagon fuzzy number with the inclusions of fuzzy set operations. A mathematical programming method is designed to establish the membership function of the system performance, in which the arrival rate and service rate of the system performance of two priority classes are utilized as fuzzy numbers. Based on -cut approach and Zadeh’s extension principle, the fuzzy queues are scaled down to a family of ordinary queues. The potency of the performance measures of the characteristics of the queuing model is ensured with an illustration and its graph.
Kao, C., Li, C.C., and Chen, S.P., Parametric programming to the analysis of fuzzy queues, Fuzzy queuer Fuzzy sets and Systems, Vol.017, 1999, 93-100. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(97)00295-9
Devaraj. J. and Jayalakshmi. D., A fuzzy approach to priority Queues, International Journal of Fuzzy Mathematics and Systems, Volume 2, 2012, 479-488.
Kaufmann, A., Introduction to the Theory of Fuzzy subsets, Vol. 1, Academic Press, New York, 1975.
Li, R. J., and Lee, E.S., Analysis of fuzzy queues, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 17, 1989, 1143-1147. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0898-1221(89)90044-8
Negi, D.S., and Lee, E.S., Analysis and simulation of Fuzzy Queue, Fuzzy sets and systems, Vol. 46, 1992, 321-330. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(92)90370-J
Zimmermann, H.J., Fuzzy set Theory and Its Applications, Klower Academic, Boston, 2001. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-010-0646-0
Zadeh, L.A., Fuzzy sets as a basis for a theory of possibility, Fuzzy sets and systems, Vol. 1, 1978, 3-28. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(78)90029-5
Usha Madhuri K., and Chandan. K., Study on FM/FM/1 queuing system with pentagon Fuzzy number using cuts, International innovations in technology, Vol.3, Issue 4, 2017, Impact factor 4.295.
S. Thamotharan, A study on Multiserver Fuzzy Queuing Model in Triangular and Trapezoidal Fuzzy Numbers using cuts, Volume 5, Issue 1, 2016, 226-230. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21275/v5i1.NOV152615
Chen. S.P., Parametric Nonlinear Programming Approach to Fuzzy queues with bulk service”, European Journal of Operations Research, 163, 2005, 434-444. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2003.10.041
Chen. S.P., A mathematics Programming Approach to the Machine Interference Problem with Fuzzy Parameters, Applied Mathematics and Computation 174, 2006, 374-387. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2005.05.012
Ashok Kumar. V., Analysis of FM/FM/1 queuing system with Pentagon Fuzzy numbers and using DSW algorithm, International Journal of Advance Research, ideas and innovations in technology, Vol. 3, Issue 5, 2017, Impact factor 4.295
Copyright (c) 2018 W. Ritha, S. Josephine Vinnarasi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section