REVIEW OF IMAGE ENCRYPTION AND DECRYPTION TECHNIQUES FOR 2D IMAGES
In the emerging era of Internet, multimedia software and application security of images is of major concern. To offer security to these images encryption is the way for robust security. With Image Encryption it becomes difficult to analyze the image that is communicated over untrusted network. Also it provides security for any unauthorized access. The paper provides an introduction to cryptography and various image encryption techniques are reviewed for 2D images.
Shannon, C. E. (1948). The mathematical theory of communication. The Bell System Technical Journal, 27,379–423. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1948.tb01338.x
Shannon, C. E. (1949). Communication theory of secrecy systems. The Bell System Technical Journal, 28, 656–715. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1949.tb00928.x
Nidhai K. El Abbadi, Enas Yahiya, Ahmeda Aladilee. Digital RGB Image Encryption Based on 2D Cat Map and Shadow Numbers, IEEE, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/NTICT.2017.7976115
Chong Fu, Zhou-feng Chen, Wei Zhao, Hui-yan Jiang. A New Fast Color Image Encryption Scheme using Chen Chaotic System, IEEE, 2017.
Ali Soleymani, Md Jan Nordin, and Elankovan Sundararajan. A Chaotic Cryptosystem for Images based on Henon and Arnold Cat Map, The Scientific World Journal, Hindawi, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/536930
Nidaa Abdul Mohsin Abbas. Image encryption based on Independent Component Analysis & Arnold's Cat Map, Egyptioan Informatics Journal, ScienceDirect, 2016, Vol 17, Issue 1, pp. 139- 146. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eij.2015.10.001
Hikmat N. Abdullah, Hamsa A. Abdullah. Image Encryption using Hybrid Chaotic map, IEEE, 2017, pp. 121-125. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CRCSIT.2017.7965545
Marwa S. Elpeltagy, Moataz M. Abdelwahab, Mohammed S. Sayed. Image encryption using Camellia and Chaotic maps, IEEE, 2015, pp. 209-214. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ISSPIT.2015.7394329
Minal Govind Avasare, Vishakha Vivek Kelkar. Image Encryption using chaos theory, IEEE, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCICT.2015.7045687
Eko Hariyanto, Robbi Rahim. Arnold's Cat Map Algorithm in digital Image Encryption, IJSR, 2013, pp. 1363-1365.
Yogita Verma, Neerja Dharmale. A Survey paper based on image encryption and decryption using modified advanced encryption standard, IJSR, 2013, pp. 352-355
Copyright (c) 2018 Jalpa Shah, JS Dhobi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section