THE LOCAL WISDOM FORM OF SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE IN PENGLIPURAN VILLAGE
Penglipuran Traditional Village is a traditional landscape that places the element of nature as the basic concept of its design and has a local wisdom form of sustainable architecture. The village is located in Bali, at a distance of 45 km from Denpasar and 5 km from Bangli. This research is done by qualitative descriptive method and with case study approach. The purpose of this research is to find out the local wisdom of sustainable architecture applied in Penglipuran Village, as a foundation to study Balinese traditional architecture. Penglipuran village as a settlement has a spatial pattern which is divided into 3 (three) spatial divisions based on Tri Mandala concept consisting of: 1) Main Mandala (Pura); 2) Madya Mandala (Residence); 3) Nista Mandala (Tomb). Traditional House Penglipuran Bali is a form of cultural mindset of ancestors Penglipuran people of a region with a good and uphold the ancestral customs and strive to maintain the order well, neatly organized conceptual and sustainable nature and the environment.
Arimbawa, Wahyudi, danKomang, G.S., I (2010), Perpektif Ruang Sebagai Entitas Budaya Lokal Orientasi Simbolik Ruang Masyarakat Tradisional Desa Adat Penglipuran, Bangli-Bali, dalam Local Wisdom-JurnalIlmiah Online, ISSN: 2086-3764, Desember 2010, Vol. II, No. 4, hal. 01- 09.
Arrafiani (2012). RumahEtnik Bali. GriyaKreasi, Jakarta.
Dwijayasastra, Nikko (2013). KajianArsitekturHijauDesaAdatPenglipuran Bali. Departemen Arsitektur Lanskap IPB, Bogor.
Dwijendra N.K. Acwin (2008), ArsitekturRumahTradisional Bali. Udayana University Press, Denpasar.
Hudyana (2002). Tengetdalampembangunanberkelanjutanstudikasus: revitalisasikearifanlokalmengenailingkungan di DesaAdatPenglipuranBangli. Thesis UniversitasDiponegoro, Semarang.
Julian, Davison (2014). Balinese Architecture. Tuttle Publishing,
Kibert CJ. (2008). Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery. John Wiley and Sons, Canada (US).
Parimin, A. P. (1986). Fundamental Study on Spatial Formation of Island Village EnviironmentalHerarchy of Sacred-Profane Concept in Bali, Disertation, Osaka University, Japan.
Prijotomo, Josef (2008). PasangSurutArsitektur Indonesia. WastuLanasGrafika, Surabaya.
Prijotomo, Josef (2017). PrijotomoBenahiArsitektur Nusantara. DepartemenArsitektur ITS, Surabaya.
Tribinuka, Tjahja (2017). SejarahMajapahitdanHubungannyadenganPuri-puri di Bali sertaAnalisisArsitekturnya. Abiyasa Nusantara, Surabaya.
Sopandi, Setiadi (2013). SejarahArsitekturSebuahPengantar. PT GramediaPustakaUtama, Jakarta.
Wijaya, Made (2002). Architecture of Bali. Archipelago Press, Singapore.
Copyright (c) 2018 Maria Sudarwani
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section