LOW COST WIRELESS WEATHER MONITORING SYSTEM
Keywords:Humidity, Light Intensity, Temperature, Weather monitoring system, ZigBee
Weather monitoring holds great importance and have uses in several areas ranging from keeping track of agricultural field weather conditions to industrial conditions monitoring. Weather monitoring plays an important role in human life, so the collection of information about weather changes is very important. This paper describes a weather monitoring system which enables the monitoring of weather parameters like Temperature, Humidity and Light intensity. Sensor module includes the sensors like temperature, humidity and light sensor. The system is developed using ZigBee wireless module. The measured weather parameters are Temperature, Humidity and Light intensity. The developed system is cost effective, compact and portable.
Zigbee Alliance, Zigbee Specification. Version 1.0 Zigbee Document 053474r06, December
William Stalling, “Wireless Communication and Networks”, Fourth Edition, Pearson
Publication Limited, 2004, Pp 39-118. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2150-1092.2004.tb00678.x
Dipanjan Bhattacharjee, Sushaban Choudhury, Ajay kumar, ”Wireless intelligent smart
sensor node for hazardous gas monitoring” international journal of Computer Science and
Information Technology (IJCSIT), Vol 3, No 1, Pp. 53-57. June 2010
Guo X. & Song Y., “Design of Automatic Weather Station Based on GSM Module”, Int.
Conf. on Computer, Mechatronics, Control and Electronic Engineering.
Kang. J. and Park S. “Integrated comfort sensing system on indoor climate” Sensors and
Actuators. 2000. 302-307.
D. Culler, D. Estrin, and M. Srivastava, “Overview of Sensor Networks,” Computer, vol. 37,
no. 8, 2004.
“LM 35 precision centigrade temperature sensors datasheet,” National Semiconductors.
National semiconductors, at national.com
Free scale Semiconductor, Zigbee Implementer’s Guide; Document Number: F8W-2004-
, May 23, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/02632770510602360
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section