THE EFFECT OF GROUP INVESTIGATION BY SIGIL AND LEARNING MOTIVATION TOWARD BIOLOGY LEARNING OUTCOMES
The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of group investigation by sigil and learning motivation toward biology learning outcomes. This research is a quantitative research with an experimental method. The population of this study was all X grade students of IPA of SMA Negeri 61 Jakarta with a total of 140 students, the study sample was determined by a cluster sampling technique of 2 classes with a total sample of 70 students. The learning strategy in the experimental class used the group investigation by sigil with group discussion method while the control class used the lecture method. The research hypothesis test used two-way analysis of variance with a 2x2 factorial design and a significant level of 5%. The analysis prerequisite test that is carried out is the normality test using Kolmogorov Smirnov and homogeneity test using Barlett test. From the results of the analysis it can be concluded that (1) there was an influence of group investigation by sigil toward biology learning outcomes, (2) there was effect between the level of learning motivation in biology learning outcomes; 3) there was no interaction between group investigation by sigil and learning motivation toward biology learning outcomes.
Amal S. Al-BadI, Open Source Software (OSS) in Higher Education, Oman SQU Case Study, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Educational and Pedagogical Sciences, Vol.8, No.8, 2014.
Anas, Y. Hardeli. Anhar, A and Sumarmin, R, Application of type Cooperative Learning Models GI in Improving Competence Learning Biology Student School. International journal of Progressive sciences and technologies. Vol 6, 2018.
Anne Jordan, Orison dan Annetta Stack, Approaches to Learning, New York: McGraw-Hill, Open /University Press, 2008.
Coon and O.Mitter, Educational Psychology, New York: McGraw-Hill, Open University Press, 2012.
Hung Lin, Ming, A study of the effects of digital learning on learning motivation and learning outcome, Tung-Fang Design Institute, EURASIA journal of mathematic science and technology education, Taiwan, 2016.
Joyce Bruce, Et al. Models of Teaching, 6th Ed. Allyn & Bacon: London, 2000.
Karwono and Heni, Teaching and Learning Models, Depok: Raja Grafindo Persada, 2017.
Komara, Endang, Interactive Learning, Bandung: Refika Aditama, 2016.
Putrawan, I.M., Hypothesis in the research, Bandung: Alfabeta, 2017.
Slavin, Robert, Cooperative Learning, Bandung: Nusa Media, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-044894-7.00494-2
Sudjana, Statistical Methods, Bandung: Tarsito, 2005
Trianto, Model-model pembelajaran, Jakarta: Bumi Aksara, 2009.
Copyright (c) 2019 Budi Rahayu, Mieke Miarsyah, Ratna Komala
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section