DESIGN OPTIMIZATION FOR WEIGHT REDUCTION OF LOCOMOTIVE WHEEL USING RESPONSE SURFACE METHODOLOGY
Manufacturing cost of locomotive wheel largely depends on mass of locomotive wheel and to reduce mass of wheel, design optimization is necessary. In this research the design of locomotive wheel is optimized considering hub radius and hub width as input parameters to DOE (Design of Experiments). Initially finite element analysis is performed under static structural loading conditions to determine equivalent stress and safety factor which is followed by design optimization using Response Surface Methodology. The software used for design and analysis is ANSYS.
M.R. Zhang, H.C. Gu, 2008, Fracture Toughness of nanostructured railway wheels; Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 5113–5121 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2008.07.007
Pramod Murali Mohan, 2012, Analysis of Railway Wheel to study Thermal and Structural Behavior, Published in International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 11
Box, E.P., and Draper, N.R. (1987) Empirical Model-building and Response Surfaces, John Wiley. -k
Copyright (c) 2019 Harmesh Lal, Balkar Singh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section