NORMS FOR GROUNDWATER RESOURCE ESTIMATION IN INDIA
The occurrence and movement of groundwater are controlled by various hydrogeological, hydrological and climatological factors. Reasonably accurate assessment of groundwater recharge and discharge components is not easy because no direct measurement techniques are presently available. Therefore, indirect methods are generally employed for assessment of groundwater resources. Groundwater is a dynamic and replenishable resource which is normally estimated based upon the annual groundwater recharge. It is subjected to withdrawal for various uses such as irrigation, domestic, industrial etc. This article presents the norms for various groundwater recharge components for estimation of groundwater resources in India.
Central Ground Water Board. Dynamic Ground Water Resources of India (as on 31st March 2013). Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India, June 2017, 280.
Central Water Commission (2017). Reassessment of Water Availability in Basins using Spatial Inputs. Basin Planning & Management Organisation, New Delhi, October 2017, 100.
Groundwater Resource Estimation Methodology - 1997. Report of the Groundwater Resource Estimation Committee, Ministry of Water Resources, Government of India, New Delhi, June 1997, 107.
Groundwater Resource Estimation Methodology - 2015. Report of the Ground Water Resource Estimation Committee (GEC-2015), Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India, New Delhi, October 2017, 137.
Kumar, C. P. Assessment of Groundwater Potential. The International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), ISSN: 2319–1813, Volume 1, Issue 1, November 2012, 64-79.
Kumar, C. P. Assessment of Groundwater Potential. Scientific Essay, ISBN (eBook): 978-3-656- 75555-5, ISBN (Book): 978-3-656-75556-2, GRIN Publishing GmbH, Munich, Germany, 2014, 23.
National Water Policy - 2012. Ministry of Water Resources, Government of India, 2012.
Copyright (c) 2019 C.P.Kumar, Gopal Krishan, S.K.Verma
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section