A STUDY ON EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION AT WORK PLACE WITH REFERENCE TO BSNL, KADAPA
Keywords:Motivation, Performance, Productivity, Rewards, Workplace and Satisfaction
Employee motivation at work place is an important area in human resource management that contributes to the performance of the employees. Many organizations are planning new strategies and ways in order to safeguard their employees. Better motivators at work place makes the employees feel satisfied and put more efforts to increase the productivity and profitability of the company. The study analyses the opinion of employees on motivational factors at work place and basing on the response, the statistical tools like factor analysis and chi-square test are applied. The results of the study are very useful to every company which needs to manage its employees and make them satisfied at work place. The study helps in retaining the employees in the company for a long time.
Elizabeth Boye Kuranchie-Mensah and Kwesi Amponsah-Tawiah (2016), “Employee motivation and work performance: A comparative study of Minning companies in Ghana”, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, vol. 9, no: 2, Pg: 255-309.
Hackman, J.R., & Oldham, G.R. (1980). Work redesign. Readings, MA: Addison-Wesley.
Hafiza, S.N., Shah, S.S., Jamsheed, H., & Zaman, K. (2011), “Relationship between rewards and employee’s motivation in the non-profit organizations of Pakistan”, Business Intelligence Journal, vol. 4, no: 2, Pg: 327-329, ISSN: 2013-8423.
Ioan Moise Achim, Larisa Dragolea and George Balan (2013), “The importance of employee motivation to increase organisational performance”, Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, vol.15, no: 2, Pg: 685 – 691.
Naim Ismajli, Jusuf Zekiri, Ermira Qosja and Ibrahim Krasniqi. (2015), “The importance of motivational factors on Employee performance at Kosovo Municipalities”, Journal of Political Sciences Public Affairs, DOI: 10.4172/2332-0761.1000152. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4172/2332-0761.1000152
Muogbo U.S (2013), “The influence of motivation on employee’s performance: A study on selected firms in Anambra state”, The International Journal of Engineering and Science, Vol. 2 no. 7, Pg: 70 – 80, ISSN (p): 2319 – 1805.
Rajeswari Devadass (2011), “Employee motivation in organizations: An integrative literature review”, International Conference on Sociality and Economics Development IACSIT Press, Singapore IPEDR, Vol.10, no.2, Pg: 560 – 570.
Stephen A. Furlich, (2016), “Understanding employee motivation through Managerial communication through Expectancy-valence theory”, Journal of Integrated Social Sciences, Vol. 6, no: 1, Pg: 17-37.
Vinay Chaitanya Ganta (2014), “Motivation in the workplace to improve the Employee Performance”, International Journal of Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Sciences, Vol.2, no.6, Pg: 221 -230, ISSN 2349-4476.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section