THE EFFECT OF TRADE BRANDS ON PURCHASE DECISIONS ON HONDA MOTORS IN PT ABADI MOTOR INDONESIA
Trademarks will be a source of competitiveness that can last a long time and can be a producer of cash flow for the company in the long run. Products that have strong brands will be difficult to imitate because consumers' perceptions of value or certain brands will not be easy to create. Brands are signs in the form of images, names, words, letters, numbers of color arrangements, or a combination of these elements which has a distinguishing power and is used in the trading of goods and services. Whereas purchasing decisions are a process of integration that combines knowledge to evaluate two or more alternative behaviors and choose one of them. The method in this study uses the field reserch method to obtain primary data in the form of observations, interviews and questionnaires and the library reserch method to obtain secondary data in the form of library data from scientific works, thesis, thesis, dissertation and books relevant to the research title. The purpose of this research is to find out whether there is a trademark influence on purchasing decisions of Honda motorcycles. The results of his research are: For simple linear regression analysis the results are: b = 0.43, a = 18.28, then Y = 18.28 + 0.43 X. Correlation Test, the result: r = 0.56. The results of the coefficient of determination analysis = r2 = 31.36%. Hypothesis testing is to find out the significance of the trademark influence on purchasing decisions, namely the results t count = 2.866, as for t table with an error rate of 5% (0.05) sample of 20 people and the result is t table = 2.101, then t count is greater than t table then Ha is accepted and H0 is rejected, which means there is a significant influence between the trademark on the purchase decision of Honda motorcycles at PT Abadi motor, Indonesia.
Kotler and Armstrong. 2008. Principles of Marketing. Volumes 1 and 2. Editions 12. Jakarta: Erlangga. Scotler and Armstrong, Yudhi. 2008, "Quality of Products, Brands and Design of Their Effects on Yamaha Mio Motorcycle Purchasing Decisions", EMBA Journal. Vol. 1, No. 3, June
Kotler and Keller. 2009. Marketing Management. Volume I. 13.th Edition Jakarta: Erlangga
Kanuk., Schiffman., In Sulistian., Ogi (2011: 33). Forming factors of brand image.
Surachman. 2008. Basics of Brand Management (Marketing Tools to Win Competition). Malang: Bayumedia Publishing
Tjiptono, Fandy. 2008. Marketing Strategy, Third Edition, Yogyakarta. Andi
Tjiptono, Fandy, 2011. Service Management Realizing Excellent Service. Edition 2. Yogyakarta: Andi.
Copyright (c) 2019 Agus Jamaludin, Firdaus Budhy Saputro, Ellin Karlina
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section