SIMULATION & PERFORMANCE OF THREE PHASE HALF CONTROLLED CONVERTER WITH D.C. MOTOR
This paper presents performance result of single and three phase rectifier circuits using MATLAB-SIMULINK which are one of the most used power electronics circuit. This paper also describes method & concepts used to simulate power electronic circuits using the SIMULINK toolbox within MATLAB software. The use of tool like MATLAB-SIMULINK has always been a useful for analyzing and designing different circuits. The paper presents the
performance of three phase rectifier circuits in term of its output voltage, current.
“Power Simulator Software (PSIM) user guides’’
D.Venkatasubramanian, S. P. Natarajan, B. Baskaran S. Suganya, Dual Converter Controlled Single Phase Matrix Converter Fed Dc Drive, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 7, June 2012.
Mehran Mirjafari, Robert S. Balog, Multi-objective design optimization of renewable energy system inverters using a Descriptive language for the components, Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 2011 Twenty-Sixth Annual IEEE, pp.1838 – 1845. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/APEC.2011.5744846
F. Blaabjerg, F. Iov, T. Kerekes, R. Teodorescu, ,Trends in power electronics and control of renewable energy systems, Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (EPE/PEMC), 2010, pp. K-1 - K-19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EPEPEMC.2010.5606696
Maria IMECS, Csaba SZABO, Ioan Iov INCZE, Modeling and simulation of controlled bi-directional power electronic converters in a DC energy distribution line with AC gridand motor-side active filtering, Power Electronics and Applications, 2007 ,pp.1–10. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EPE.2007.4417753
R.S. Ramshaw, Power Electronics Semiconductor Switches (Chapman & Hall, London, 1993). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4757-6219-8
P.C. Sen, Power Electronics (Tata McGraw-Hill, 1988).
J. Schaefer, Rectifier Circuits: Theory and Design (Wiley, 1965).
G.J. Wakileh, Power Systems Harmonics (Springer, 2001). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-04343-1
M.H. Rashid (ed.), Power Electronics Handbook (Academic Press, 2001)
A.W. Kelley and W.F. Yadusky, Phase-controlled rectifier linecurrent harmonics and power factor as a function of firing angle and output filter inductance, Proc. APEC’90.
Eupec, Rectifier diode D 2601N, BIP AC / SM PB, 2002-05-31, Eupec Data Sheet.
Eupec, Phase control thyristor T 2871N, BIP AM / SM PB, 2002-04- 07, Eupec Data Sheet.
Powerex Inc., FT1500AU-240 Ultra high voltage thyristor, Powerex Data Sheet.
R.W. Wall and H.L. Hess, Design and microcontroller implementation of a three-phase SCR power converter, Idaho University, Department of Electrical Engineering.
Copyright (c) 2015 Abhishek Patel
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section