A COMPARISON OF PROJECT PLANNING AND SCHEDULING SOFTWARE’S PRIMAVERA AND MICROSOFT PROJECT USED IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
Keywords:Primavera P6, MS Project, CPM, EPS, Construction
Planning and scheduling is extremely important role in construction projects thank to the increasing difficulties during this field. Construction Planning is that the necessary warning to Scheduling and determining general sequence, defining labour tasks, construction methods and assigning responsibilities, inappropriate planning can cause major delays with the project work. For the planning and scheduling work requires huge amount of paperwork, which makes the management very burdensome. These problems may be solved employing a project management software which helps to grant a planned approach to planning. Nowadays use of project management (PM) software as a tool for managing and organizing work has gained its importance in construction industry and continues to grow at a faster pace in other industries also. During this study, attempt is made to check project management software such as MS project and Primavera and their feasibility is studied.
A. Castor (2008) "Review of Project Management Softwares - MS Project & Primavera"
Anuj Dubey (2015) "Resource Levelling for a Construction Project", IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSRJMCE) e- ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X, Volume 12, Issue 4 Ver. IV (Jul. - Aug. 2015).
B.S.K Reddy (2015) A study on optimisation of resources for multiple projects by using primavera", Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 10(2):235-248.Retrieved from https://jestec.taylors.edu.my/Vol%2010%20issue%202%20February%202015/Volume%20(10)%20Issue%20(2)%20235-248.pdf
Nikhil R. Mahajan, Vaishali Joshi (2017) "Resource Scheduling in Construction Project Using MSP" International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 6, Issue 1, January 2017
S. Ragavi, R. N.Uma (2016), "Review of Project Management Softwares- Ms Project And Primavera" International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 03 Issue: 11 |,Nov -2016 Retrieved from https://d1wqtxts1xzle7.cloudfront.net/54340814/IRJET-V3I11236-with-cover-page-v2.pdf?Expires=1633592582&Signature=e1-YDz1diOmIU03rhXYcGHQsW46vuS9auSBleEwN8tqtywPUe1Nix3t9C61ZMYDNl2gAm75ZZDsewCaDk3AJCxhz9B-VXHr2UOKA1ymqt2Z0Yx~S0UDBrdUqtm6vNamHiEmOh38WH3GIzHgECciJHfJwhZa~lPV3XWE7qr7rTqn0yLoG0yWt92gR9PEsn4rklYzgyr0MRVffaQE0uiHTVYUGkqeBDSzvk-XyBJ6ubUxnob8ln7Q0bm2j~sp3lf98LUpMTzOv7D~F4LbShHBkonQiAgN3nHb12igbn-Tx4GRKw7s2rfSC3IJ6GbPe1AGEp-EY5nEQMuv1ZmTaGAYcrQ__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJLOHF5GGSLRBV4ZA
T. Subramani (2018), "Study on Time and Resource Management in Construction Projects Using MS Project" International Journal of Engineering & Technology 7(3.10):23 Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.14419/ijet.v7i3.10.15622 DOI: https://doi.org/10.14419/ijet.v7i3.10.15622
T. Subramani , A. Sarkunam , J. Jayalakshmi (2014) "Planning and Scheduling of High Rise Building using Primavera" ISSN: 2248-9622, Vol. 4, Issue 6 (version 5), June, pp. 134-144. Retrieved from https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/26887782.pdf
T. Subramani, V. Annamalai, S. Priyanka, (2017) " Management Information And Communication Technology In Construction Engineering Of Structures Using Primavera " , International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS), Volume 6, Issue 3, May - June, pp. 186-197, ISSN 2278-6856.
Veena H C, Vijay K (2016) "Schedule Control of an Apartment Building using Primavera Techniques" ISSN: 2278-0181, Vol. 5 Issue 06, June-2016 Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.17577/IJERTV5IS060822 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17577/IJERTV5IS060822
Y. Umesh (2015) Review of Project Management Softwares MS Project & Primavera Planning, Scheduling and Tracking of a residential Project using Primavera Software, International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies, Volume 3, Issue 5, May 2015 Retrieved from https://d1wqtxts1xzle7.cloudfront.net/47211378/B012440511.pdf?1468407802=&response-content-disposition=inline%3B+filename%3DResource_Levelling_for_a_Construction_Pr.pdf&Expires=1633592652&Signature=FRnZM2T0Y8CbRpzMPHh3kTg7vFewe6VGYZShQT79d8X7aFfM8yos3sJXENKIGsbMN2xExWrAACTyvUcRbymR7fWne5MisV-sWFpGcaFJCu5~BT~uMZcAAiye-rqlUq8twGrXEWzlPQv2cU4~wBd3wGEyFhPfAavcDu~~zUejljVhRyqE72qtSizYPZ5MNOgFmm~yGDxOtZ7SWwUiiC9gEEgNitKYx0q2RD8mY1nPu~ZmSSwFrekaC6A8h5b-8zdZkSHK0RfgVeEsBNvTiU01A~FE-PwjYH8-vIXY7uYIzrGpLyspEfsXHO3accO-kHNNCXzpVnHNIwuoSsm330S4NA__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJLOHF5GGSLRBV4ZA
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section