DEVELOPING COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT AND MONITORING PARAMETRES FOR LANDS IN SMALL TOWNS – FOCUS ON OBUDU TOWN, CROSS RIVER REGION, NIGERIA.
Keywords:Monitoring Parametres, Technogenesis, Urbanization, Degree Of Comfortability
This paper attempts to develop techniques of examination and evaluation of urban land, for the purpose of determining the degree of comfortability and livability in small towns, using Obudu town as a focal point.The paper shows that, it is possible to allocate a number of natural (physical), man-made (anthropogenic) and public (social) performance indicators by which one can judge the quality of the urban environment and, consequently, about the extent of its comfort.An algorithm for a comprehensive assessment of urban land and Classification on the degree of comfort of the urban environment was formulated. The paper analyzes the prevailing conditions in the small town of Obudu, and proposes the methodology of assessing the degree of comfort of the urban environment using ten (10) to eight (8) natural and anthropogenic indicators.
2. Bukovsky M.E The public component of the formation of urban environment in “the City system and surrounding areas, example of Maures Shan” // Bulletin of the University of Tambov. Series: Natural Sciences. - 2006. - Volume 11, no. 4. - pp. 525-529.
3. Bukovsky M.E Methods of study and geo-ecological assessment of lands of small cities / M. E. Bukovsky // Problems of modern science and practice. - 2007. - number 3 - p. 31-36.
4. Chiara Garau and Valentina Maria Pavan, Evaluating Urban Quality: Indicators and Assessment Tools for Smart Sustainable Cities, in Sustainability February 2018, https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sustainability.
5. Dotti, G. How to Measure the Quality of Life in Smart Cities? 2016. Available online: http://phys.org/ news/2016-04-quality-life-smart-cities.html (accessed on 21 December 2017).
6. Gruzdeva L.P Monitoring of the urban environment and nature in the small cities of Russia / Land management, cadastre and monitoring of lands. - 2005. - № 11. - p. 98 - 99.
7. Gruzdeva L.P Strategic Planning: studies. manual / Ed. prof. AN Petrova. – SPb.: Knowledge, 2004. - 200 p.
8. Karkavin M.V Strategic analysis in the planning of sustainable ecological and economic development of a large city // Russian Entrepreneurship. - 2007. - № 10 Vol. 2 (100). - C. 184-189. - http://www.creativeconomy.ru/articles/12244/
9. Marans, R.W.; Stimson, R. Investigating quality of urban life: Theory, methods, and empirical research. Soc. Indic. Res. 2011, 45, 1–29.
10. Rezvani, M.R.; Mansourian, H.; Sattari, M.H. Evaluating quality of life in urban areas. Soc. Indic. Res. 2013, 112, 203–220.
11. Sizov A.P Urban Earth: Quality Assessment, monitoring, application of their results in the Land Use Regulation. Theses for the degree of Doctor of Technical Sciences, Moscow 2006.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section