APPLICATION OF THE HOWARD’S MODEL ON CONSUMER BEHAVIOR IN BUYING INSURANCE POLICY
Keywords:Consumer Behavior, Buying Decision, Insurance Policy
This research intends to predict factors that drive consumer to buy insurance policy, based on consumer behavior model by Howard. In main variable used is buying decision. In addition, this study also includes information, brand image, confidence and attitude as the control variables. The analysis units are exclusive policy insured in Malang region. The data was collected using questionnaire. The t-test in simple regression models are used to test hypotheses. The research finds about: first, insignificant information to influence confidence and attitude, but statistically significant to influence brand image. Second, brand image are statistically significant to influence buying decision.
Hanke John and Arthur G. Reitsch, 1995, Business Forecasting. Fifth Editions, Englewood Clifs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
Howard John A, 1989, Consumer Behavior in Marketing Strategy. EnglewoodClifs: PrenticeHall, Inc.
Husaini Usman dan Purnomo Setiady Akbar, 1995, Pengantar Statistika. EdisiPertama, CetakanPertama, Jakarta: PenerbitBumiAksara.
Kotler Phillip, 1997, Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, Implementation, and Control. International Edition, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
Levin Richard and David Rubbin, 1998, Statistic for Management. Seventh Edition, USA: Prentice-Hall International Inc.
Swastha DH. B dan Irawan, 1987, Manajemen Pemasaran Modern. Edisi Kedua, Yogyakarta: Penerbit Liberty.
Swastha DH. B dan Handoko Hani T, 1987, Manajemen Pemasaran: Analisis Perilaku Konsumen. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Liberty.
TriatmantoBoge, 2003, AanalisisFaktor-FaktorPerilakuKonsumen yang BerpengaruhterhadapKeputusanMembelipadaPasarSwalayan di Kota Malang. JurnalEkonomi FE-Unmer Malang, Volume 7, No. 2, hlm. 133-145
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section