SYNTHESIS OF TRANSITION METAL ION COMPLEX OF 2- AMINOBENZOXAZOLE AND ANTIFUNGAL ACTIVITY AND ROLE IN PHARMACEUTICAL CHEMISTRY
Keywords:2-Amino Benzoxazole, Antifungal activity, fe(II)
In view of the fact that a large number of derivatives of benzoxazole have been found to
exhibit a wide variety of antimicrobial activities. Heterocyclic compounds play an important
role in medicinal chemistry and exhibit wide range of biological activities in pharmaceutical
chemistry. Complexes of 2-aminobenzoxazole (L) with chloride of iron (II), was synthesized.
The molar ratio metal: ligand in the reaction of the complex formation was 1:2. It should be
noticed, that the reaction of all the metal salts yielded bis (ligand) complex of the general
formula M (L) 2(CL) 2. The complex was characterized by elemental analysis, melting point,
FT-IR, 1H NMR, spectral data. The antifungal activity against different fungai, A.niger,
A.flavus, Fusarium oxysporum, paecilomyces variotii, C.albicans.
Burger, A., Hansch, C., Sammes, P.G., Taylor, J.B., Eds., Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry, Pergamon press, 9, 1990, 1.
Camille, G., Wermuth, Eds., the Practice of Medicinal Chemistry, Elsevier, 2001, 2, 29.
Martin, Y.C., Kuffer, E., Austel, A., Eds., Modern Drug Research, Paths to Better and Safer Drugs, Marcel Dekker., Inc., New York, 5, 1989, 243-73.
Wermuth, C. G., Ganellin, C. R., Lindberg, P. and Mitscher, L. A., Eds Annual Reports in medicinal chemistry, Academic press, 2,1998, 385-395. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0065-7743(08)61101-X
Day AR. Electronic mechanism of organic synthesis. American Book Company 2, 1950, 242- 243.
Walther R Von and Kessler A. J Prakt Chem 1906; 74: 245.
Edward L Hollgens and Wagner EC. Some reactions of Nitriles as acid anammonides. J Org Chem, 9 (1), 1944, 31-49. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/jo01183a005
Gualtiere F, Brody G, Fieldsteel AH and Skinner WA. Antiviral agents. I.Benzothiazoles and benzoxazole analogues of 2-(_-hydroxybenzyl) benzimidazole. J Med Chem, 14 (6), 1971, 546-549. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/jm00288a022
Dunn GL, Actor P and Dipasquo VJ. Anti-parasitic agents I 2-(nitro-heterocyclic) benzimidazoles, benzoxazoles and benzthiazoles. J Med Chem, 9, 1966, 751-753. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/jm00323a025
Dejongh DC and Thomson ML. Pyrolysis and mass spectra of the 2-thiones of benzothiazole, benzimidazole and benzoxazole. J Org Chem, 38 (7), 1973, 1356-1361. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/jo00947a024
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section