FORMALIZATION OF CONTROL MECHANISMS: THE CASE OF SMALL COMPANIES
Keywords:Control, Formalization, VSE, SME, Procedure
Control mechanisms are the major problem for small companies such as VSEs and SMEs today. A hypothetical-deductive approach was adopted in this research to demonstrate that the more the size of companies changes, the more the degree of formalization of control systems increases. The study based on the case of 25 Malagasy companies through statistical analyses confirmed this hypothesis. VSEs still have great difficulty in implementing a control system that meets their long-term needs due to lack of resources and the use of modern management tools linked to control systems also varies according to their size. Innovation in this sense is necessary to enable small companies to better control their activities and to ensure a very good performance.
Anthony Robert-N, "La fonction de contrôle de gestion", Publi-Union (Editions), Paris, 1993, 204 pages.
Berland N., Ponssard J.P. and Saulpic O. (2005), "Une typologie des systèmes de contrôle inspirée du cadre théorique de Simons", École Polytechnique, Laboratoire d'Économétrie, Cahier de recherche n° 2005-024, September.
CHIAPELLO, E. Les typologies des modes de contrôle et leurs facteurs de contingence: un essai d'organisation de la littérature. Accounting-Control-Audit. Volume 2, Vol. 2, September, 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3917/cca.022.0051
DORIATH Brigitte, "Le contrôle gestion en 20 fiches", Dunod, Paris, 2008, 240 pages.
FOLIARD Stéphane, "la gestion classique des TPE, entre territorialité et fidélité", 2010, Bordeaux,18 pages.
G.N. Challagalla et T.N. Shervani,” Dimensions and types of supervisory control: effects on salesperson performance and satisfaction”, Journal of Marketing, vol. 60, 105 pages. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/002224299606000108
GROFFILS Willy, "Introduction to Internal Control", Eyrolles, Paris, 2005, 70 pages.
L.B. Sawyer, "La pratique du contrôle interne", edition. I.F.G. / I.F.A.A.C.I. /, Paris, 1976, 152 pages.
M. Alexander, "les mécanismes de contrôle utilisés pour gérer une réduction de coût", Association Francophone de Comptabilité | "Comptabilité - Contrôle - Audit - Contrôle", 2000/2 Tome 6, pages 21 to 41. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3917/cca.062.0021
Pierre CABANE, "the manual of corporate governance", Eyrolles, 2018, ISBN 978-2-212-56934- 6, 368 pages.
PIGE Benoît, "Audit and Internal Control", Eyrolles, Paris, 2009, 216 pages.
Renard Jacques & Nussbaumer Sophie, "Audit and Management Control", Eyrolles, Paris, 2011, 300 pages.
RENARD Jacques, NUSSBAUER Sophie, ORIOT Fabienne, "Internal audit and managementcontrol", Eyrolles, ISBN 978-2-212-57002-1, 240 pages.
Robert Obert& Marie Pierre Mairesse, "Accounting and Auditing", Dunod, Paris, 2009,
Roberts Simons, « Levers of Control: How Managers Use Innovative Control Systems to Drive Strategic Renewal », Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 1995.
Rosimeri Carvalho da Silva, "Les nouveaux mécanismes du contrôle organisationnel", Cad.EBAPE.BR, Rio de Janeiro, 2003, 40 pages.
TORRES Olivier, Les" The small and medium enterprises", Edition "Dominos", Québec, 2008, 51 pages.
William G. Ouchi,« A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms », Vol. 25, 1979, 900 pages. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.25.9.833
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section